• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nucleus Orders

I have a Huber in my match gun. It is fantastic. It plays well with the Nucleus too. Huber is a super clean break and I love the two stage.

+1 on the Huber. I think that with Ted's thoughtful ergonomic design of the Nucleus action, the Huber pairs perfectly as it is similarly engineered; all about interfacing the meat-bag with the machine.

I got a 19# spring with mine just in case.. I didnt need it 500 rounds so far with the 16# spring and no light strikes.
I'm hoping for the same but if I have to change it, no problem. At this point I just hope it doesn't take long to get it. There are a lot of upset folks over in the hancock/barreled action thread.

I'm hoping for the same but if I have to change it, no problem. At this point I just hope it doesn't take long to get it. There are a lot of upset folks over in the hancock/barreled action thread.
I got my barrelled action from PVA 2 months ago. Im glad my wait is over, I would be getting very inpatient at this point too.

I almost got in on the preorders but I held off. I've seen to many of them go sideways. They seem to never go as planned, just different levels of bad.

Reactions: Ledzep
Yeah, I'm still waiting for my pre-order. Talked to them in October and got the "a few weeks" answer. Kinda forgot about it over the holidays and now I'm annoyed. LVM.

Any trigger recommendations? I think I want a 2 stage maybe something close to my AX. Huber? Gieselle?

I've got an XTSP Mod.22 on mine. From what I hear it's like an AI. It's been pretty good on the Nucleus. Had to loctite the sear adjustment screws, but other than that, perfect.

I've got an XTSP Mod.22 on mine. From what I hear it's like an AI. It's been pretty good on the Nucleus. Had to loctite the sear adjustment screws, but other than that, perfect.
The reason it's like an AI is because XTSP is manufacturing the new AI competition trigger.

Reactions: MarkLeupold
Any trigger recommendations? I think I want a 2 stage maybe something close to my AX. Huber? Gieselle?
I understand there is a problem with the Geiselle Super 2 stage trigger working on the Nucleus action...I bought the trigger for that action, when it gets here...Geiselle said they could modify the trigger to work and sent me an RMA form to fill out and send to them with my trigger....I bought the trigger from Brownells. You might want to wait to buy it until the modification is made or expect to have to send it to Geiselle to be modified...Great customer service from Geiselle, BTW...

Yeah, I'm still waiting for my pre-order. Talked to them in October and got the "a few weeks" answer. Kinda forgot about it over the holidays and now I'm annoyed. LVM.
So for the record I finally talked to them "Yeah we sent you an e-mail in October and November". :rolleyes: Funny, i got emails from another order i did in November, but nothing about the action. Well, i'll make my payment and have it in California jail soon.

Just ordered (Order# 85xx) a Nucleus RH LA Magnum bolt face today. Lets just see if this one gets here before the SA Nucleus barreled action I ordered from PVA back in February.

Just got an email/invoice for final payment today (~45 days).

Just put in a pre-order for the Archimedes LA from ARC. Hope the wait isn't as long.

I should probably know better after having ordered a Nucleus barreled action from PVA about this time last year and not having it in hand yet, but dammit I still put in a order on an Archimedes.

As for the wait, I'll be surprised if they ship before August. Just give me more time to figure out what to build and find the other components.

Reactions: hereinaz
+1 on the Huber. I think that with Ted's thoughtful ergonomic design of the Nucleus action, the Huber pairs perfectly as it is similarly engineered; all about interfacing the meat-bag with the machine.

I had a Timney 510 on my Nuke for a couple of months (received my Nuke in July). It worked well. Switched to a Huber and shot 1 match with it last year. Great trigger. I love the break. The trigger works well with the action too.

Reactions: EchoDeltaSierra
I understand there is a problem with the Geiselle Super 2 stage trigger working on the Nucleus action...I bought the trigger for that action, when it gets here...Geiselle said they could modify the trigger to work and sent me an RMA form to fill out and send to them with my trigger....I bought the trigger from Brownells. You might want to wait to buy it until the modification is made or expect to have to send it to Geiselle to be modified...Great customer service from Geiselle, BTW...
Well, interesting developments...First, I sent my Geiselle Super 2 stage trigger to Geiselle for the "Nucleus" modification. They emailed me today saying they had rec'd the trigger and would send it back soon... Second, I rec'd an email from Brownells finally answering whether the trigger I bought from them would work in a Nucleus action. They originally referred me to Geiselle for an answer. (That is why I sent the trigger to Geiselle for a modification...) The latest email today said the trigger would work in a Nucleus action... Color me confused... However, the trigger is already at Geiselle for modification...

Installed a Triggertech Diamond Pro Curved on my Nucleus 300WM build and heck this is a helluva trigger. Dialed it down to 5oz and up to 1lb 13oz. This is my first/only Triggertech trigger. Normally run Timney CE's on my bolt guns but now I'm a believer. The Diamond is meant for a Nucleus SA build but now I need to look at the Special for the LA Hunter build. Amazing

I handled the Archimides at Shot Show. Nice action. It is basically a Nucleus except the extraction. The extraction is pretty cool. It has a little different feel, not hitting the extraction cam. I bet it will feel different running it live. Any other upgrades on the Archimedes will be added to the Nucleus, except the bolt extraction.

I am debating getting an Archimedes today on the presale, but not sure, cause I've never had an issue with extraction really. I may just do it though.

I have to imagine that the launch of the Archimides will be better than the Nucleus, because most of the parts are already in production.

Also, the Mausingfield has a new tool free bolt disassembly feature. Ted told me that it would eventually make its way to the Nucleus as well. I don't think it will be a retrofit to our actions, cause the bolt body and shroud have a lock mechanism, not a thread.

Video on ARC actions from SHOT. LOL, I muffed the reassembly at the end of the video, that was my first attempt and I got it right a few seconds later. It is super simple, much like the others tool less.

Video on the ARC chassis.

Anyway to post those other than fb? I recently deleted my account so I can't view it

So the question just bluntly becomes whether or not the lever extraction mechanism fulfills a $400 value proposition over the nucleus' traditional mechanism?

I will get the vids posted to Youtube by tomorrow morning.

Yeah, I wonder whether it will provide $400 bucks of value too, but, for the intro price it is $150 bucks. For guys running hot loads that get an occasional sticky bolt, I expect this to eliminate having to whack the bolt handle up.

Any difference is bound to be subtle is my guess when running it full speed. Running the bolt in person I "think" could feel a minor difference, besides the obvious extraction cam that does not exist with the Archimides. I can tell you sometime later this year though....

This is what I see when I click on it.
Screenshot_20190131-210918_Firefox.jpg

I'm not impressed with the Mausingfield changes. I'm sure it's cheaper to manufacture though. The bolt stop looks like a cheap afterthought on a $1,600 action.

The bayonet style firing pin assembly is a nice, but contrary to Ted's earlier opinions.

The mention that the new style firing pin will make it to the other two actions kept me from placing an order last night. I'll wait for version 2.0.

I just got a ship notice from Geiselle for mine. I should have it installed sometime next week. After feeling the TriggerTech 2-stage prototype at SHOT, this will probably be my one and only Super 700.

So the question just bluntly becomes whether or not the lever extraction mechanism fulfills a $400 value proposition over the nucleus' traditional mechanism?

I love ARC products, but I feel like the lever extraction is a solution looking for a problem.

"Regular" extraction works just fine. If you are running on the ragged edges of pressure to the point you need to use lever extraction often - well, I sure wouldn't want to be shooting in the bay next to you...

Neat idea, but I personally will stick with my "regular" extraction on my Mausingfield (which I love).

I just got a ship notice from Geiselle for mine. I should have it installed sometime next week. After feeling the TriggerTech 2-stage prototype at SHOT, this will probably be my one and only Super 700.
I have a feeling the 2 stage Triggertech is going to be a winner.

I love ARC products, but I feel like the lever extraction is a solution looking for a problem.

"Regular" extraction works just fine. If you are running on the ragged edges of pressure to the point you need to use lever extraction often - well, I sure wouldn't want to be shooting in the bay next to you...

Neat idea, but I personally will stick with my "regular" extraction on my Mausingfield (which I love).
If your rifle has a seized case in the chamber, sure it’s good that this action can get it out. But you should probably stop what your doing and evaluate your situation regardless. I would not want to be around a rifle running the kind of pressure that would make this action worth it. Just imagine what it does to brass life.

Sorry guys, we did a Facebook live video and it is a pain to figure out how to download. I got it done though.

Action video

Chassis video

I had the chance to press the TT two stage. Great trigger for sure. If you want a two stage, I don't think you'd be disappointed. It was a prototype, and it looked like they may have needed to work out kinks on setting trigger pull weight, but dang it was crisp and like a TT you'd expect.

Reactions: JLP.Payette
If your rifle has a seized case in the chamber, sure it’s good that this action can get it out. But you should probably stop what your doing and evaluate your situation regardless. I would not want to be around a rifle running the kind of pressure that would make this action worth it. Just imagine what it does to brass life.

That is kinda where I am on the lever vs. cam extraction or stuck cases too, benefit, but I surely don't ever want to use it intentionally and I've never had a stuck case normal extraction could not pull.

In regular use, I am not sure it is gonna really make a difference. But, we all know that little things can make a bolt throw feel different. So, I'm gonna give it a try on that premise alone. If all vertical energy is dedicated to bolt lift and all horizontal energy is dedicated to extraction, it seems that it very well could make bolt throw unique. Just eliminating the cam ramp extraction could really change the way it feels. Based on the apparent leverage, I don't think you'd feel much of the force required to break the brass free and pull it out.

I wouldn't overlook the BnA 2 stage Tacsport trigger.

Got one in my Mausingfield (as well as other rifles) and the pairing is magic.

I'm not sure if TT is going to have different sear heights or adjustable sear engagement. This can be the difference in a great action from feeling the way it should to feeling very unimpressive.

My friends Mausingfield with a Huber 2 stage trigger feels atrocious compared to my setup, and I have a feeling it all has to do with trigger timing.

Something to keep in mind.

I wouldn't overlook the BnA 2 stage Tacsport trigger.

Got one in my Mausingfield (as well as other rifles) and the pairing is magic.

I'm not sure if TT is going to have different sear heights or adjustable sear engagement. This can be the difference in a great action from feeling the way it should to feeling very unimpressive.

My friends Mausingfield with a Huber 2 stage trigger feels atrocious compared to my setup, and I have a feeling it all has to do with trigger timing.

Something to keep in mind.
I have the Triggertech Diamond in my Nucleus and it the best trigger Ive ever felt. Ive never had my hands on a BnA.