• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nucleus VS Deadline for "different" build?

amedeo1227

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2012
Thibodaux, LA
I have 2 Zermatt Actions. Love them. Will buy more.

However! I am looking to build a "different" rifle. I have seen some built with a Deadline and I find them sexy, exotic, and stand out of the norm.

I read through some other posts, and it looks to be reliable, small fitting issues (but nothing alarming), and smooth. I realize its a 60 degree throw and its not a "normal" remington clone. So, I have some questions:

1. I hardly notice anything about aftermarket mentions, is there a reason?
2. Does it have shouldered pre-fits available like bighorn and impact?
3. Anything I need to know before I buy one?

I wonder if it will be too much trouble? Should I just get a Nucleus? I see a lot of love for them, and a lot more aftermarket support.

Almost forgot to mention, this will be just a range toy. I don't shoot PRS or anything....

Kinda hard to beat a Nuke in my opinion.
Deadline looks nice But I really like mechanical ejection and changeable inclination rails.
My Nuke was .0004 off from tenon print, well within stated specs.

The latest gen of the deadline is suppose to be super nice! That said I don’t believe they are held to shouldered prefit tolerances and run a savage small shank barrel nut prefits! I am
Continually hearing more and more good things about deadline. That said the nuke is 10x more popular, offer prefits, I just don’t find them attractive at all and can’t bring myself to buy one.

I was about to get a deadline but ordered the KS SAR instead and hoping to have it hear tomorrow or Wednesday. They take shouldered prefits. Another action to strongly consider is the kelbly! It is one smooth action. I currently have deviant, tl3, atlas tac, stiller, terminus, with the ks on the way. The kelbly is wicked for the price and the terminus is phenomenal if you want a 60 degree

My buddy has an earlier Ultimatum Deadline and I have a Nuke 1.0 and 1.1. Personally, I much prefer the Nucleus action. I feel it offers much more with the CRF/mechanical ejector. The design of the bolt hand works very well for me and having the option for off the shelf Savage or shouldered pre-fits is nice. I had to make a bit of space for the safety on my TT specials in the KRG W3. Buddy's Deadline needed that plus the mag catch being ground down. The Archimedes is another step up from the Nuke and I'm hoping I can one day afford one of those as well.

I think the problem I’m having to decide is:

I know I should get the ARC Nucleus, but I’m in love with the Deadline because of the looks. It stands out like a M2013 or something along those lines. However, I know the ARC will have zero issues snd I won’t have to send the action out when I want a new barrel, etc...

I feel fortunate I have never been worried about looks of my gear. I love the Nuke and its strange appearance appeals to me. Maybe its part contrarian in me, lol.

You can't be disappointed with either, so get both!

Not so much about “looks” as it is about “artwork”

if that makes any sense. This it might have to be on hold until something just pops out as a deal.

Reactions: hereinaz
Not so much about “looks” as it is about “artwork”

if that makes any sense. This it might have to be on hold until something just pops out as a deal.

There is a different forum for sexy erotic artwork, lol. I must be tasteless because I have no idea how an action can be described as sexy and erotic, or artwork, but it appears to be my loss. I am such a function over form type of guy... i kinda wonder what it would be like to have that passion.

At best, they all look sweet to me.

I think the problem I’m having to decide is:

I know I should get the ARC Nucleus, but I’m in love with the Deadline because of the looks. It stands out like a M2013 or something along those lines. However, I know the ARC will have zero issues snd I won’t have to send the action out when I want a new barrel, etc...

I’m telling you from experience, you seem to want to ultimatum. So get it. There is no wrong choice, it’s just preference. From experience I have boughten actions I felt like I should have when realistically it wasnt what I wanted. In the end after spending x amount on the entire build, the worst thing in the world is wishing you had done it differently. I did it with my first build. The price of parts in Canada are a bit different. So I “cheaped out” and got a stiller when I really wanted a defiance. The rifle shoots amazing, and looks incredible but it isn’t what I wanted and I still regret it 8 ish years later.

I’m telling you from experience, you seem to want to ultimatum. So get it. There is no wrong choice, it’s just preference. From experience I have boughten actions I felt like I should have when realistically it wasnt what I wanted. In the end after spending x amount on the entire build, the worst thing in the world is wishing you had done it differently. I did it with my first build. The price of parts in Canada are a bit different. So I “cheaped out” and got a stiller when I really wanted a defiance. The rifle shoots amazing, and looks incredible but it isn’t what I wanted and I still regret it 8 ish years later.
Yeah, seems like he should date the Deadline, it is sexy and erotic, but when it is time to settle down, he should marry the Nucleus its dependable and easy to live with.

These decisions are such first world problems. We kill ourselves after thinking about the other choice when we should just go shoot what we have. I know that is the case for me. I happen to have Nucleus and MK 5 when I finally clued in, so I've stuck with Nucleus and MK5 even though there are all sorts of alternatives. In some senses, its like I married the Nucleus and MK5 and stopped thinking about other actions and scopes. Frankly, it has stopped that constant turnover that I had before, buying and selling stuff. Similarly, I finally "married" some calibers and we are now in committed relationships, lol. After a few years, I will have fewer guns and fewer calibers, and shoot a whole lot more.

Fear the man with one gun is more like fear the many with one action and one reticle on his many guns, lol.

Reactions: Steel head
Yeah, seems like he should date the Deadline, it is sexy and erotic, but when it is time to settle down, he should marry the Nucleus its dependable and easy to live with.

These decisions are such first world problems. We kill ourselves after thinking about the other choice when we should just go shoot what we have. I know that is the case for me. I happen to have Nucleus and MK 5 when I finally clued in, so I've stuck with Nucleus and MK5 even though there are all sorts of alternatives. In some senses, its like I married the Nucleus and MK5 and stopped thinking about other actions and scopes. Frankly, it has stopped that constant turnover that I had before, buying and selling stuff. Similarly, I finally "married" some calibers and we are now in committed relationships, lol. After a few years, I will have fewer guns and fewer calibers, and shoot a whole lot more.

Fear the man with one gun is more like fear the many with one action and one reticle on his many guns, lol.
I have zero action envy after getting my Nuke.
It’s been good to me and runs smoothly and I’d like to get a long action version this summer.

Last weekend I was mag feeding 7 saum then a short moment later single feeding 4.25oal cartridges shooting out to 2600 yards.

I like to think of it as art of function and simplicity.

I think this is the info I was looking for, someone to push me over the edge. It helps focus and sum up my thought process. I appreciate that.

just wanted to make sure there wasn’t something I “needed to know” before purchasing.

Erotic is your choice of words, pal. Try not to be so weird.
Maybe you don’t care the way things look, that’s ok. I self admit that sometime I prefer looks over function. As a collector, unique items interest me. If you like one thing, good for you. Stick with that. Try not to be weird about it, though.

In one sense I understand what your saying but for many others looks and function come into play. I prefer the look of a multi slab action (Zeus, deviant, impact, ultimatum) over a round body action. When paying this kind of money it’s best to get what you want, weather it’s your nuke you seem to like so much, or the deadline that amedeo seems to want so badly!

I firmly believe there isn’t a wrong choice here, it’s just which ever you want more. And they way he wants the deadline he will regret not getting it in the end. Same way I regretted not getting a deviant on my first build.

As far as 1 gun versus many. Makes sense but once again like the variety when I open my cabinet lol.

In one sense I understand what your saying but for many others looks and function come into play. I prefer the look of a multi slab action (Zeus, deviant, impact, ultimatum) over a round body action. When paying this kind of money it’s best to get what you want, weather it’s your nuke you seem to like so much, or the deadline that amedeo seems to want so badly!

I firmly believe there isn’t a wrong choice here, it’s just which ever you want more. And they way he wants the deadline he will regret not getting it in the end. Same way I regretted not getting a deviant on my first build.

As far as 1 gun versus many. Makes sense but once again like the variety when I open my cabinet lol.
Yeah, u get what I’m saying.

Ultimatum it is. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Reactions: Matt_3479
I think this is the info I was looking for, someone to push me over the edge. It helps focus and sum up my thought process. I appreciate that.

just wanted to make sure there wasn’t something I “needed to know” before purchasing.

There is so many great choice which can be a positive and a negative. There is 1000 threads on “which action” and every new build you do, a bunch of time is spent on research of which action next. A couple years back I made it a goal between myself mainly, and my shooting partner to acquire as many top tier actions as possible from different manufacturers in order to help resolve this age old question. Not so much for others but for personal as it’s so stressful making that discussion lol. We are on a roll but still have a way to go with 8 actions aquired so far, I’m hoping to add 3-4 more before we finish.

That is a lesson myself and my shooting partner both learned! Get what you want from the beginning. When talking a 200 hundred over the course of 4000 you’ll kick yourself later for not doing it when it’s now too late. The ultimatum is a cool action, get it and let us know your thoughts. You’ll personally be more satisfied as that’s what you want! Like I said early my stiller build is fantastic! Shot my personal best group with that gun at distance (.908” 3 shot at 640 yards) and it’s a great looking rifle! But every time I grab it, I’m pissed I didn’t spend the extra 300 and get an action I wanted and it’s been 8-10 years I think.
ADE70CE9-FBE3-44F7-8DC1-A1446A04EC08.jpeg
7B5F6106-1F8F-46A9-86E2-4414BA46F671.jpeg

Erotic is your choice of words, pal. Try not to be so weird.
Maybe you don’t care the way things look, that’s ok. I self admit that sometime I prefer looks over function. As a collector, unique items interest me. If you like one thing, good for you. Stick with that. Try not to be weird about it, though.

Hahahaha, all in fun, but your original post called it erotic and sexy, lol.

Seriously, its such a toss up, the deadline speaks to you. I like that idea a lot. You probably would regret the Nuke.

The latest gen of the deadline is suppose to be super nice! That said I don’t believe they are held to shouldered prefit tolerances and run a savage small shank barrel nut prefits! I am
Continually hearing more and more good things about deadline. That said the nuke is 10x more popular, offer prefits, I just don’t find them attractive at all and can’t bring myself to buy one.

I was about to get a deadline but ordered the KS SAR instead and hoping to have it hear tomorrow or Wednesday. They take shouldered prefits. Another action to strongly consider is the kelbly! It is one smooth action. I currently have deviant, tl3, atlas tac, stiller, terminus, with the ks on the way. The kelbly is wicked for the price and the terminus is phenomenal if you want a 60 degree
Since you have all of those different actions, would you mind pointing out the differences as you see it and how each compare in terms operation if there's any other differences ???

I have zero action envy after getting my Nuke.
It’s been good to me and runs smoothly and I’d like to get a long action version this summer.

Last weekend I was mag feeding 7 saum then a short moment later single feeding 4.25oal cartridges shooting out to 2600 yards.

I like to think of it as art of function and simplicity.

I tend to fall in this camp. I run 6.5 cm in one and 7ss in another, always been flawless feeding and operation from day one with the fifth Nuke off the line.

I do see how others just get a different pleasure from owning and collecting. Its just not me. And, in this case, I would not even think of convincing him to go Nuke, when his heart is in the Deadline.

Its kinda like truck guys, I like looking at the new lifted sweet paint jobs, but I get in my beat up F150 with over 200k on it filled with AZ pinstripes.

Deadline speaks to a guy he has to listen.

Get what you want, otherwise, see ya in the PX... it's really never a good idea to compromise on something like that. It's a luxury anyway, so the idea that you will at some point "be content with what you chose" if it isn't what you want, is just foolish. None of us here will be happy with anything except what we really want, so long as it is something we afford. I don't think price has any sway over your decision here so, no need in getting anything other than what you want, for whatever reason.

I tend to fall in this camp. I run 6.5 cm in one and 7ss in another, always been flawless feeding and operation from day one with the fifth Nuke off the line.

I do see how others just get a different pleasure from owning and collecting. Its just not me. And, in this case, I would not even think of convincing him to go Nuke, when his heart is in the Deadline.

Its kinda like truck guys, I like looking at the new lifted sweet paint jobs, but I get in my beat up F150 with over 200k on it filled with AZ pinstripes.

Deadline speaks to a guy he has to listen.
I can somewhat understand.
I’ve always wanted a badger 2013 or surgeon 1571XL.
Neither has features I tend to prefer but I just want one someday.
I find oftentimes choices in life from desire are more likely to disappoint than choices that fulfill needs for the desired usage.

Reactions: Average guy
Since you have all of those different actions, would you mind pointing out the differences as you see it and how each compare in terms operation if there's any other differences ???

There isn’t a lot of difference. As far as feel goes (slickness/smoothness) there all really nice. But I would say the kelbly atlas tactical is from start to finish full cycle the smoothest. Lightest lift, glides like butter, and closes effortlessly. The tl3 is slick. Almost doesn’t feel like your picking up rounds half the time. But bolt close and open isn’t as effortless but bolt glide is slightly smoother. The Zeus is the heaviest lift (close to the stiller) but so smooth and fast. Bolt closes itself not kidding. Once you get to the downward cycle it legit closes itself. The defiance just has the quality feel machining to it. Not much to say there pleasantly smooth and bolt cycle. Not the best but by far not the worst. The stiller is a glorified Remington. Good but wouldn’t buy another.

Features I like the options bighorn has but wouldn’t use all of them personally. Also needed to be timed to the trigger. The crf doesn’t woek with my particular 223 with 4 different mags in 4 different stock/chassis!

The terminus is the most innovative I feel. So robust yet a work of art. The hand tight barrel feature is ingenious and so are the threaded trigger pins! Everyone should run threaded trigger pins. Joel is also a stand up guy!!

The kelbly for the money is tough to beat. Road it through hell in back in some harsh conditions, lots of rounds and it can’t skip a beat. The mechanical ejector is awesome when shooting from a bench for load work. Ian and the people at kelbly are some of the nicest in the industry! 100% just good people!

Have the ks coming tomorrow and a surgeon coming Wednesday next week. Had a Curtis for a short period,

Last edited:
There isn’t a lot of difference. As far as feel goes (slickness/smoothness) there all really nice. But I would say the kelbly atlas tactical is from start to finish full cycle the smoothest. Lightest lift, glides like butter, and closes effortlessly. The tl3 is slick. Almost doesn’t feel like your picking up rounds half the time. But bolt close and open isn’t as effortless but bolt glide is slightly smoother. The Zeus is the heaviest lift (close to the stiller) but so smooth and fast. Bolt closes itself not kidding. Once you get to the downward cycle it legit closes itself. The defiance just has the quality feel machining to it. Not much to say there pleasantly smooth and bolt cycle. Not the best but by far not the worst. The stiller is a glorified Remington. Good but wouldn’t buy another.

Features I like the options bighorn has but wouldn’t use all of them personally. Also needed to be timed to the trigger. The crf doesn’t woek with my particular 223 with 4 different mags in 4 different stock/chassis!

The terminus is the most innovative I feel. So robust yet a work of art. The hand tight barrel feature is ingenious and so are the threaded trigger pins! Everyone should run threaded trigger pins. Joel is also a stand up guy!!

The kelbly for the money is tough to beat. Road it through hell in back in some harsh conditions, lots of rounds and it can’t skip a beat. The mechanical ejector is awesome when shooting from a bench for load work. Ian and the people at kelbly are some of the nicest in the industry! 100% just good people!

Have the ks coming tomorrow and a surgeon coming Wednesday next week. Had a Curtis for a short period,
Good feedback. Much appreciated and jealous of your mission. Sounds like fun.

I appreciate your info man. I have origin and a TL3. (But the TL3 just got to my ffl today so). I decided to stick with the same feel so I didn't get thrown off with a different bolt throw ect, but I looked at a few of the ones you mentioned very hard. The availability for the Big Horn stuff played a role as well, but I may end up getting a different manufacturer in the future.

I appreciate your info man. I have origin and a TL3. (But the TL3 just got to my ffl today so). I decided to stick with the same feel so I didn't get thrown off with a different bolt throw ect, but I looked at a few of the ones you mentioned very hard. The availability for the Big Horn stuff played a role as well, but I may end up getting a different manufacturer in the future.

No problem! Unfortunately my opinion is what it really is.. my personal opinion and others may feel totally different. I love all my actions (not such a fan of the stiller but still like it). I’d be happy to recommend and purchase any of them again minus stiller. I’ve handled and shot some; bat, impact, origin, rebel, panda, a barnard and neiska. The bighorn stuff is great! Love the finish, the options, and the look of the bighorn tl3. I just wish my crf worked. It’s flawless feeding but I really wanted crf and it doesn’t work. The timing on the tt is the worst I’ve felt too, but not enough for me to send off and be without for x amount of time. Overall incredible happy with them. The bighorn is also the only I bind while dry firing and have to pay a smidge more attention to my manipulation, which in a way is beneficial for clean smooth cycling of all my actions. Never had it happen during live fire, only dry fire

No problem! Unfortunately my opinion is what it really is.. my personal opinion and others may feel totally different. I love all my actions (not such a fan of the stiller but still like it). I’d be happy to recommend and purchase any of them again minus stiller. I’ve handled and shot some; bat, impact, origin, rebel, panda, a barnard and neiska. The bighorn stuff is great! Love the finish, the options, and the look of the bighorn tl3. I just wish my crf worked. It’s flawless feeding but I really wanted crf and it doesn’t work. The timing on the tt is the worst I’ve felt too, but not enough for me to send off and be without for x amount of time. Overall incredible happy with them. The bighorn is also the only I bind while dry firing and have to pay a smidge more attention to my manipulation, which in a way is beneficial for clean smooth cycling of all my actions. Never had it happen during live fire, only dry fire

I've heard that some guys can get the Big Horns to bind when dry firing them. I've not seen anyone state mater of factly, why that is, but I have heard it before. What do you mean about the TT and the Control feed not working? It doesn't eject relative to your bolt speed?

I've heard that some guys can get the Big Horns to bind when dry firing them. I've not seen anyone state mater of factly, why that is, but I have heard it before. What do you mean about the TT and the Control feed not working? It doesn't eject relative to your bolt speed?

The timing with the trigger tech triggers (all over tried on it) is horrible. Needs to be timed for sure!
The control round feed doesn’t work at all! It’s 100% push feed action. The rim doesn’t slide under the claw. I have a magnum bolt face laying around, was going see if I could pull the barrel and throw just action/mag/chassis together and see if it will feed. But with my current set up with 3-4 different mags, in my bravo, whiskey 3, manners prs1 and mpa it will not control the round

The timing with the trigger tech triggers (all over tried on it) is horrible. Needs to be timed for sure!
The control round feed doesn’t work at all! It’s 100% push feed action. The rim doesn’t slide under the claw. I have a magnum bolt face laying around, was going see if I could pull the barrel and throw just action/mag/chassis together and see if it will feed. But with my current set up with 3-4 different mags, in my bravo, whiskey 3, manners prs1 and mpa it will not control the round

How exactly do you time the trigger??? When I get my new TL3 set up I will have to let you know about that and the feed. I would think they'd be able to fix that for you???

Played with a deadline on the weekend and compared it to my archimedes. It wouldn’t bind which was nice, benefit of the continuous diameter bolt but other than that I didn’t care for it.

At least it wasn’t as bad as a vector but as far the owner was concerned it wasn’t far off one with the feeding issues he was having with it.

How exactly do you time the trigger??? When I get my new TL3 set up I will have to let you know about that and the feed. I would think they'd be able to fix that for you???

The cocking piece in the bolt needs to be changed which I did, and it’s still not 100% so I must not of given the proper measurement. Bighorn will do it for you, but I’m Canadian so it would be forever plus a shit ton of paperwork to do so. My other option is send to a smith, but now it’s not covered by “warranty” per say and would cost money. The new cocking piece made it way better but I just feel like it needs something.

To get CRF two things help.

Have you eased the leading corner of the extractor a little?

Have you run mags with shorter feed lips so that the shoulder of the case below pushes up the case as it releases from the lips?

Reactions: Steel head
To get CRF two things help.

Have you eased the leading corner of the extractor a little?

Have you run mags with shorter feed lips so that the shoulder of the case below pushes up the case as it releases from the lips?

Pardon my ignorance, what do you mean by eases the leading corner of the extractor?

As far as mags go, I’ve ran 2 different accurate mags and 2 different ai mags. The one accurate mag I opened up the lifts, heated the plastic insert slightly and allowed it to bent out to allow the round to sit higher which I was success in, yet it still one. If I push incredibly fast 1 out of 10 rounds grabs or barely slides under and falls back out. The feeding of the rifle is flawless it’s just not a crf, it’s a push feed

Pardon my ignorance, what do you mean by eases the leading corner of the extractor?

As far as mags go, I’ve ran 2 different accurate mags and 2 different ai mags. The one accurate mag I opened up the lifts, heated the plastic insert slightly and allowed it to bent out to allow the round to sit higher which I was success in, yet it still one. If I push incredibly fast 1 out of 10 rounds grabs or barely slides under and falls back out. The feeding of the rifle is flawless it’s just not a crf, it’s a push feed
When you pull a round of of the chamber, does it stay under the extractor?

When you say slides under and then falls out, does it actually go all the way up?

I don't know where it is, but in one of the Nucleus threads, someone explained how to gently round the corner of the extractor and there was some pics. If it is sharp or grabby, then it is enough to stop it. It is a balance between rounding it so the rim feeds up but not so much that it won't hold the case. I think Chad with LRI may have posted it along with some others. I know my Nucleus had the same issue. You have to tweak it to get CRF out of the magazine.

Also, Ted talks about CRF and it isn't necessarily CRF out of the mag, the benefit of CRF is really that once it is chambered, you have positive control over the cartridge until you hit the ejector. I have adopted that attitude. As long as I can flawlessly feed the case, I don't care if it CRF out of the magazine.

With the plastic MDT mags, I could get control round feeding if I cut back the feed lips so that when it released the cartridge, the shoulder of the one below pushed it up under the lips. Once the case head slipped beyond the shoulder, there was no force sufficient to push the rim under the extractor. Additionally, running it fast will sometimes force the rim under.

When you pull a round of of the chamber, does it stay under the extractor?

When you say slides under and then falls out, does it actually go all the way up?

I don't know where it is, but in one of the Nucleus threads, someone explained how to gently round the corner of the extractor and there was some pics. If it is sharp or grabby, then it is enough to stop it. It is a balance between rounding it so the rim feeds up but not so much that it won't hold the case. I think Chad with LRI may have posted it along with some others. I know my Nucleus had the same issue. You have to tweak it to get CRF out of the magazine.

Also, Ted talks about CRF and it isn't necessarily CRF out of the mag, the benefit of CRF is really that once it is chambered, you have positive control over the cartridge until you hit the ejector. I have adopted that attitude. As long as I can flawlessly feed the case, I don't care if it CRF out of the magazine.

With the plastic MDT mags, I could get control round feeding if I cut back the feed lips so that when it released the cartridge, the shoulder of the one below pushed it up under the lips. Once the case head slipped beyond the shoulder, there was no force sufficient to push the rim under the extractor. Additionally, running it fast will sometimes force the rim under.

It is 100% controlled coming out of the chamber just not coming out of the mag.

It doesn’t not slide up all the way, but it starts and goes back to push feed

I have a Gen 1 Deadline and a Curtis Vector. The deadline is smoother and has less rounds on it. I have a Gen 2 Deadline on the way in the next couple weeks :) My next action will be a Nuke because I want to try them all lol.

I have 2 Zermatt Actions. Love them. Will buy more.

However! I am looking to build a "different" rifle. I have seen some built with a Deadline and I find them sexy, exotic, and stand out of the norm.

I read through some other posts, and it looks to be reliable, small fitting issues (but nothing alarming), and smooth. I realize its a 60 degree throw and its not a "normal" remington clone. So, I have some questions:

1. I hardly notice anything about aftermarket mentions, is there a reason?
2. Does it have shouldered pre-fits available like bighorn and impact?
3. Anything I need to know before I buy one?

I wonder if it will be too much trouble? Should I just get a Nucleus? I see a lot of love for them, and a lot more aftermarket support.

Almost forgot to mention, this will be just a range toy. I don't shoot PRS or anything....

Does Zermatt have a floating bolt head where you can change it for a different caliber?Thanks

Thanks..Im wanting to build a new rifle and Ive looked at so many different actions that I could not remember..Ive looked at Zermatt...Stiller.... ,Lone Oak,....Borden, Curtis,....Defiance,....Ragged Hole Barrels.. Mausenfield..So to me After a while` it gets rough to sort it out.Im down to Ragged Hole,Zermatt& Mausenfield..The last 2 mainly because of the Floating bolt head. What have you saw you rreally liked?

Thanks..Im wanting to build a new rifle and Ive looked at so many different actions that I could not remember..Ive looked at Zermatt...Stiller.... ,Lone Oak,....Borden, Curtis,....Defiance,....Ragged Hole Barrels.. Mausenfield..So to me After a while` it gets rough to sort it out.Im down to Ragged Hole,Zermatt& Mausenfield..The last 2 mainly because of the Floating bolt head. What have you saw you rreally liked?
I can't answer that the way he can because I don't have a bunch of different actions but, a lot of people like the Zermatt stuff for a reason. Good features and good availability. Hard to go wrong with the TL3 imo

Reactions: TreyMeTrey

So the ragged home is defiance. There cheaper is the tenacity and there more expensive is the deviant. I do not own an ARC action so can’t not comment on them but they have a fairly large following and the owner is always trying to modernize old school design and makes some pretty cool products!

Your not going go wrong with any of the actions. Like mentioned earlier, If on a budget that kelbly is simply incredible. I wouldn’t really consider the stiller personally when you can get the kelbly, origin, tenacity and nuke for less and better actions. If 60 degree your action the terminus is simply incredible. There all good though. I’ll be going impact and lone peak for my next 2 believe maybe falkor.

I'm going to have a deadline in the PX for sale this week for a killer deal if you're interested, OP.

Reactions: kindabitey
So the ragged home is defiance. There cheaper is the tenacity and there more expensive is the deviant. I do not own an ARC action so can’t not comment on them but they have a fairly large following and the owner is always trying to modernize old school design and makes some pretty cool products!

Your not going go wrong with any of the actions. Like mentioned earlier, If on a budget that kelbly is simply incredible. I wouldn’t really consider the stiller personally when you can get the kelbly, origin, tenacity and nuke for less and better actions. If 60 degree your action the terminus is simply incredible. There all good though. I’ll be going impact and lone peak for my next 2 believe maybe falkor.
I really don't have enough hands in experience to k I w which degree of bt throw is best or firs me best.All I e ever shot is Remington 700 ,Winchester 70 and my Browning White Gold Medallion.
Im currently shooting a Remington 700 PCR in 6.5 Creedmoor and the Browning in 7mm Rem Magnum and a 6.5 PCR Mossberg..it's a cheap rifle..Ive never I weed acheap gun til thus one.But damn it shoots straight.It was almost given to m e with a coupon from a buddy.I have $26.00 in it..lol
What can you tell me Pros and Cons on the bolts throws in different degrees that may help me.

Have both the deadline and nuke 2.0. Both are great and really enjoy them. No issues on the dl other than you need to shorten the mag catch. I dropped mine in a mdt chassis and they provide then shorter catch that takes a few mins to swap in.

Can't get crf to work with my mdt 224 Valk mags...just push feeds it. On extraction it's nice not launching cases all over the place.

The dl is a larger diameter so may require some fitting with different chassis and stocks.

Op, I've got a deadline in the PX if you want one.