• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NuFinish rules!

former naval person

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 8, 2003
Mississippi
For years now, I've used Brasso...since 1954 to be exact...to shine my brass; band instruments, buckles, insignia...whatever accouterments my uniform required. Band, Navy or Army. Decent results but a lot of work. Well, I was polishing a brass lamp I got in Thailand back in the 60's and Brasso just wasn't doing the job I wanted. I've been using NuFinish in my tumbler for a few years now with good results. So...big light bulb clicked and I tried NuFinish on the lamp. Beautiful shine, half the work. Lasts a long time. NuFinish rules. No more Brasso for me. I don't know if you in the military still polish brass...but if you do, dump the Brasso.

I remember those days of shining everything (dont miss it!!) good idea tho.. thanks for the head up on that

If you want to clean brass quickly you can put nufinish on a rag and chuck your brass in the drill. Spin away and it will shine better than new.