• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Nuisance Beaver Removal with Photos

Ezana4CE

Professional Amateur
Minuteman
Apr 2, 2023
Texas
I haven’t been around the site long, but I love airguns and hunting. I recently undertook a beaver removal project and had a little success. In short, the beavers dammed a creek, flooding private property and threatening a public roadway. I’m still working this permission and intend to employ other measures as well.

Below are photos of a beaver taken with a Brocock Bantam Sniper HR .25 pre-charged pneumatic air rifle and a photo of the rifle.
3A0F82D1-5960-4328-89F1-5612F5D4C253.jpeg

00478C51-D9A4-4356-9351-11D757907C02.jpeg

Close-up of the entry wound from a .25 caliber diabolo domed pellet weighing approx 34 grains. My shot was a low and hit it in the face. I believe the pellet wrecked part of its palate introducing blood and water into its air passage via its sinus cavity and/or trachea. It was unable to dive and ultimately drowned. It died within minutes of the shot. I retrieved it the next morning floating in the area that it expired in. I didn’t see an exit wound.
3590EDE4-4D09-46B7-ACE3-25DCF86D7896.jpeg

My set up was a little different than the first photo. I removed the Sightron scope and topped it with a Bushnell Engage 4-16x44mm FFP IR, didn’t use any type of sound suppressor, and added a red spotlight illuminator clamped to my scope. I ditched the tripod and shot standing behind a Primos Trigger Stick bipod from about 25 yards. I also used a handheld thermal scanner and a headlamp. I didn’t take photos of that setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette