• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision NV goggles

Paul38

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 15, 2011
Oregon Coast
I am starting to look for some walking around NV goggles. I already have a NV weapons sight and am now looking for a good pratical set of NV goggles.
Please, no sales pitches just real life experiances.

Thanks,
Paul

Re: NV goggles

Hey Paul,

Glad you're enjoying the dedicated weapon site.

Not sure what you're budget is but I personally use the BNVD-G's that I find the most rugged and most versatile that I can flip up either unit if needed to wear like a PVS-14. the individual variable gain feature is very good on these systems. I also like the variable focused IR illuminator on the BNVD's which travel out to 75 yards.

I also wear the PVS-21's as most know that allow day to dark adapted rooms entries with no depth perception issues. These are very expensive though, so not for many unfortunately.

As most know, we use our gear weekly if not daily as <span style="text-decoration: underline">we are trainers</span> first with our NV gear, not just sellers. Please feel free to contact us with any questions as well. Kyle Chip or I as you know train constantly with the systems you're after.

Vic

My first run at a dual tube goggles was dual PVS-14's using the Nvision dual mount,up untill that time I had been running single eye systems like the PVS-14 with great success. I really like the dual bino type system I can move better,faster and it was just easier on my eyes on extended hikes accross the rough rural terrain we hunt. Another plus is that I can judge range alot better overall vs my PVS-14. I soon bought a true dual eye goggle the ANVIS-9's which made wondeful setup and totally enhanced my ability to move at night I was spoiled from that point forward. I am always looking to upgrade my gear and the BNVD is another great system and would be a top pick in my book also for a dual bino/goggle system.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phantom223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> My first run at a dual tube goggles was dual PVS-14's using the Nvision dual mount,up untill that time I had been running single eye systems like the PVS-14 with great success. I really like the dual bino type system I can move better,faster and it was just easier on my eyes on extended hikes accross the rough rural terrain we hunt. Another plus is that I can judge range alot better overall vs my PVS-14. I soon bought a true dual eye goggle the ANVIS-9's which made wondeful setup and totally enhanced my ability to move at night I was spoiled from that point forward. I am always looking to upgrade my gear and the BNVD is another great system and would be a top pick in my book also for a dual bino/goggle system. </div></div>

Thank you Phantom 223, I agree with your thoughts on the subject. Thanks for your reply.
Paul

I agree with phantom he knows his stuff and goes on 10 hour stalking hunts..A little More information would help target what options would work best for you. what will you be using them for ? what is your budget ? most ground use goggles are built for abuse and show it by there heafty weight,I prefer light weight for extended use while Hunting or driving. Lighter weight Goggles comes with more upkeep and repairs if abused,But its worth it to me and I like the ANVIS9,But the new BNVDS are nice ! Little heafty,But durable,below is the new BNVDS being tested. I still keep a pvs14 around in case I sale my goggles or something goes wrong as it did on a hunt a month ago,I went for the pvs14 and killed this guy "2nd pick" seconds after the goggle went down I had the pvs14 out of the pack snaped them in and hammer down to stalk and kill him, was an awsome kill with a violent death .. I was missing the goggles,But all that went away soon as the action started. If you are rough on your NIGHT VISON then rule anvis out. PVS15 are good a choice as any,Still hefty and add the mounts to aatch to the helmet,Then the pigs are on your head.. LOL

imagenotx.jpg

imageijpx.jpg

imagesfxs.jpg

ANVIS-9 ,Here I had only a few hours sleep, night three of the hunt,I can tell you this when your tired a single NV makes you start seeing things that are not there..
photooct28234221.jpg

Thanks ASM1 for your reply, never really thought about the weight but am now.
It's sure nice to have access to all this imformation.

Thanks for all the help, and keep it up.

Paul