• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NV grants for LE

Re: NV grants for LE

We have been snatching on to several NV and thermal grants over the past few years. We have a few handfuls of 7B, one 14D and two small insight thermals. Keep an eye at Police One's website, they have a grant page.

We got 20 pvs14's and 1 uns26 on a grant. I will have to check about the details. The grant writer had to be very creative when writing it out!

SirMech...Go to SPA Defense. They will get you to the grant sites, and help you with the App. process. Tony and Andrew are top notch people. For LE...Do not go PVS-22, 24. From personal experience you cannot do GOOD facial recognition past about 65 yards or so. Military needs man size target recognition, different mission. The PVS-27 is one of the better in-line systems, but still, does nothing what the Simrad NV device does. There are a few drawbacks but with training, it is a far better system for LE work, where we loose everything if we are wrong!. PM if you want. Jeff

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: berm shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We got 20 pvs14's and 1 uns26 on a grant. I will have to check about the details. The grant writer had to be very creative when writing it out! </div></div>

Creativity is key. One thing we did for the thermals was documented the three previous years when we had incidents that more than one thermal was needed. We used every suspicious person call that we went to and were not able to make immediate contact with the individual. We also cited crashes were an animal was injured, it was noted the thermal could be used to located the injured animal and deal with it.

We got ours (PVS-14) with a CEDAP grant.

Sorry for the slow reply but I had to get back to work to remember the name of it.

Thanks, all! I am tracking these down.

Thanks to J.Moe for putting the Simrad back in the hunt. I had taken it off my list as I didn't like the bulk. But have never used one and was really just going off of specs. I also understand that you have to compensate for POI changes, but that's manageable. So I'll take a good look at the Simrad.

I will let folks know how it goes and what I find.

Cheers,

Sirhr