• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Nvision x50 vs Nox 35 magnification difference

1911guy

Private
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2008
San Diego
I am wondering how much of a difference there is between the x50 vs. Nox 35.

I own a Nox 35 and am wondering if it is worth adding a 3.5x to the stable (I also have a work bonus burning a hole in my pocket lol)

if you had the two scopes side by side, how much of a difference does it make?

I was able to compare my HALO XRF-50 and a NOX35 last year at the East Coast Night Shoot. Side by side they are strikingly different. The wider FOV of the 35 was pretty nice. I've had the XRF-50 out coyote hunting several times. The terrain in my AO is primarily woods. I find myself scanning a lot because the FOV is narrow and my line of sight is 200yds or less. Usually much less. I think I'd prefer hunting with the NOX35 over the XRF-50. Out west with wide open spaces it would probably be different.

If you live in an area with wide open spaces where you take shots past 300 yards a lot, then I would consider it.

I've had both, the narrow field of view made it hard in close quarters, keeping my shots to 300yds or less, the nox35 is stellar and why I now have 2 of them. I wish they had onboard recording, but I forget most time to hit record so moot point most of the time. Plus I can actually do better gauging distance with the lower power and zooming in, the image doesn't degrade so bad that you can't use it

I varmint hunt varied distances and terrain in NY state and my primary scope is an X50.
With the fixed focus, you'll have no issues unless your hunting minimal distance targets.
You have a Nox for the close work, so get an X scope for the rest.
Unlike a lot of scopes, the Halo X scopes controls are ambidextrous.

SJC