• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NW Arkansas

djamesdavidson

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2022
Prairie Grove AR
I thought I would introduce myself. I found this site looking just little tidbits of info about competition shooting and I am blown away by the seemingly endless information and the wonderful community. I live in NW Arkansas just outside of Fayetteville. I have an acquaintance that shoots PRS in the MOST series so I am hoping to convert my Howa 1500 to a PRS rig. Should be a fun new year. I don't feel like I have a lot to add to the conversations here as I am not all that experienced and I can find the answers to most of my questions through the search function but I have really enjoyed flipping through the forum.

One thing I will say is that I look forward to my first PRS match to get blown out of the water lol.

Born and raised in “Blue Eye”, been gone for about 25 years but still visit from time to time.

Ain’t much to know about it really. Wouldn’t surprise me there is a coon dog club there. Used to be a fairly well known fella there used to write a magazine about bears. Steve Renella did some squirrel and coon hunting there for one of his episodes of Meat Eater with him.

I got family in Fayetteville, Conway, Russellville/Dover as well. Mostly nice areas around them parts when you get back into the woods.

Ain’t much to know about it really. Wouldn’t surprise me there is a coon dog club there. Used to be a fairly well known fella there used to write a magazine about bears. Steve Renella did some squirrel and coon hunting there for one of his episodes of Meat Eater with him.

I got family in Fayetteville, Conway, Russellville/Dover as well. Mostly nice areas around them parts when you get back into the woods.
Clay is a really good guy from all accounts. My old man hunting buddy used to coon hunt with him and Fern before she died. He just lives down the road from me. He was a member of our coonhunting club a couple of years back.
Central AR here. Check out Twisted Barrel Precision in Little Rock.
They were recommended to me from someone else also. Its about a three hr drive so I'm hoping to get a better setup before I make the trip. I am going to replace my optic and try to work up a load before I start driving really far. I can shoot around 300 at my grandpas farm down by Mountainburg so that should be fine for load development. I'm hoping I can pick up a nice used optic from the PX in the next few weeks depending on what comes available of course.

Clay is a really good guy from all accounts. My old man hunting buddy used to coon hunt with him and Fern before she died. He just lives down the road from me. He was a member of our coonhunting club a couple of years back.
I went to school with him. He was always a nice/good guy. He always did some real hunting or at least what I thought was when we were younger. He had a passion for it