• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NX8 1-8 on a TacSol XRing

mrtoyz

Armchair Commando
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2009
Western WA
CB8C46ED-66FD-4CBF-88CB-8BF6E865CCE8.jpeg
I was curious. Took a NX8 1-8mil and stuck it on my TacSol XRing. This XRing usually wears a T1 and I was thinking I wanted more mag but still retain 1x red dot capability. This is a 75yd’ish 22.
Just revisited the specs: Center dot is .35mil, reticle isn’t really usable until 5x, parallax is fixed at 125m.
Eye relief isn’t great. Will be curious how it shoots. Not ideal.

I slapped one on my 10/22 for a while I was waiting for a scope, my wife loved it. Not a small steel reticle, but she was banging plate rather well at 250 with CCI SV, smallest steel was a small popper, 4" wide. She owned a mini IPSC at that distance, given the scope(no pun) of the situation, it was fun.

Reactions: mrtoyz
View attachment 7853674I was curious. Took a NX8 1-8mil and stuck it on my TacSol XRing. This XRing usually wears a T1 and I was thinking I wanted more mag but still retain 1x red dot capability. This is a 75yd’ish 22.
Just revisited the specs: Center dot is .35mil, reticle isn’t really usable until 5x, parallax is fixed at 125m.
Eye relief isn’t great. Will be curious how it shoots. Not ideal.
yup, center dot is too big and parallax not adjustable (at def not for closer in). I have this scope sitting around on no gun. If there was a compact scope with good reticle (for me), and with adjust parallax to 25 or even closer, I would be all over it.

Last edited: