• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NX8 1-8 vs Trij Accupower 1-8

samson7x

Private
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2014
I’m doing a “battle rifle” build and looking at these 2 LPVO options. It will be going on a DD 16” rifle and I have access to a 700yrd range 10min away and shoot there regularly. The sale price on the Accupower is attractive but would the extra $ be worth it for the NF? I’m sure they can be found for ~1500 from SH sponsors. I’d rather not spend ~2k on the new vortex 1-10. What are your thoughts? Anyone have time behind both?

@koshkin did an excellent YouTube comparison on LPVOs. The NX8, Vudu, and I believe a March was in there with a few others as his comparison.

I tried to find it it but struck out. Maybe Ilya will chime in with his thoughts.

Based on what I know I would skip the NX8 in favor of the Vudu or Trijicon. And the Gen II Razor is an excellent choice.

I have been able to play with both but settled on the NX8. I really like the Accupower in terms of the glass and the eyebox is pretty nice. However I did not like the reticle. The NX8 glass seems to me to be a bit better and I prefer the reticle etching on it rather than the trijicon. But you can tell at higher magnification the NX8 eyebox is a bit finicky if transitioning between low and high magnification. Also the price point is pretty nice for the Trijicon. Maybe wait for a demo model for the vortex? Good luck either way!

Same debate but I am throwing in the gen 3 razor...the triji Is half the price. Not sure if worth it to step up

Reactions: Dan
I picked up one of the Accupowers, for $850 it was too good to pass up. Don't have the NX8 to compare, but pretty sure the Trijicon will do everything I need. The glass is good, it's easy to get behind, the reticle is as daylight bright as I think I need and I like the mechanics of the turrets.
Based on on my friends 1-6 Razor, I would love to try a Gen III 1-10, but it'll be a while before I can swing that.

They are different animals - large, heavy, meh illumination, dual exposed turrets (Accupower 1-8) vs small, light, RDS illumination, one or both capped turrets (NX-8).

I had a 1-4 Accupower and was excited about the 1-8 until I saw it.

The NX-8 isn't perfect (few optics are) but it works for my on my 16" BCM AR-15. I'm sure the Accupower will work fine for people who understand what it is and ensure it matches up what they want it to do.