• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NX8 1-8x24 F1 Equal?

AZgeek

Private
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2014
Tucson AZ
Looking for something less pricy with the similar specifications. No Chinese crap. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

Looking for something less pricy with the similar specifications. No Chinese crap. Suggestions greatly appreciated.

"Similar specifications" is sorta vague. If you are looking for a FPP LPVO with day bright dot for less money, it does not exist.

If you are looking for a reasonably light weight LPVO with day bright dot and SFP is OK, Delta Stryker 1-6x24 is your best bet.

ILya

If you can find a used XTRII 1-8 they are FFP, and a daylight bright reticle. Made by LOW.

But they no longer manufacture these, and from what I've seen, pretty hard to find. Folks seem to be keeping them.

But if you stumble on one it will be in your price range.

Every option you’ll look at will have some kind of compromise, be it less magnification, lower quality glass, or dimmer illumination. The main competitors for the NX8 are the Primary Arms PLx and Trijicon Credo. Both of which have dimmer illumination. But both have better eyeboxes.

The next step up is the Vortex Razor Gen3 1–10x, and the step down is going to push you down into a 1-6x option where FFP is pointless unless you’re running specific BDC reticle like with the EOTech Vudu or Trijicon VCOG. Higher magnification erectors like 8x erectors are expensive to develop and manufacture and if you want anything worth any quality, you’re gonna have to pay. Yeah, the Vortex StikeEagle 1-8x and PA ACSS 1-8x have that magnification, but then you’re back into the Chinesium garbage. For what you want specifically, you’re not going to get any cheaper. You’d have to be willing to make changes to the parameters.

Best bang for your buck for a quality LPVO is the razor gen ii 1-6. It’s not FFP though but it doesn’t need to be at 1-6. They’re great optics.

Personally I had a NX8 and didn’t even mount it because the fish eye was so bad, so I would not buy one again at all. If going NF I’d get the ATACR, it’s much better. Personally at that price point though I’m just going to go all out and get the S&B 1-8 dual CC and have the very best LPVO money can buy. They’re awesome, but IMO not worth what you can buy 3x razor 1-6’s for and I love blowing money.

I’ve heard the Credo is good but I’ve got no experience with them. The Eotech Vudoo is supposed to be good too but my only experience with it was about 25 rounds at a Kit Badger/Q range day on a mini fix pistol. I had no trouble making 400+ yard hits with it with 300BLK subs though and didn’t notice any fisheye and the glass was great. It survived probably at least 3K rounds that day, plus how many other thousands of rounds at the previous range days they held with it so I’d say it’s probably good to go. I’ve seen them sell lightly used for like $750.

I really like the Primary Arms PLx 1-8 Griffin reticle. Very good glass and illumination. Heavy but well built in Japan.

More specifically, really looking for the size and weight equivalent. I have a PLx 1-8 on my M4 and love it! Its just too heavy for a super light AR10 application which is my next project.

Reactions: db2000
More specifically, really looking for the size and weight equivalent. I have a PLx 1-8 on my M4 and love it! Its just too heavy for a super light AR10 application which is my next project.
I'm with you, Pof Rogue since parts are hard to source otherwise I wanted a lighter build - currently Holosun ACSS with magnifier...all scopes with good reticles are heavy..

A new carbon fiber barrel is probably up next. Gives me more time to chew on optic options. An ACSS red dot/magnifier combo might be worth considering. Thanks for that suggestion!

A new carbon fiber barrel is probably up next. Gives me more time to chew on optic options. An ACSS red dot/magnifier combo might be worth considering. Thanks for that suggestion!
Talk to Front Range Precision LLC if you need a Proof CF