• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NX8 2.5-20x50 F1 vs F2

chutinlead

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2018
Wyoming
I was looking at the specs of the NX8 2.5-20 First and Second Focal Plane models compared to the SHV 4-14x50F1, NX8 4-32x50 and ATACR 4-16x42.

I noticed the Exit pupil on the F2 NX8 2.5-20 was 5.9mm compared to the 7.1mm on the F1 version of the same scope. I then looked down the spec sheet at FoV at 100yds and noticed it is lower at 36.7ft compared to 41.8ft on the F1 model.

Do these 2 numbers make up the "eye box" of the scope and might be why some say the 2.5-20 has a finicky eye box while others don't?

Just something I noticed in my comparisons and wonder what you guys think. Anyone with both models that can compare them side by side?

Reactions: Jcaplinger199
Idk if anyone can tell you the answer other than nightforce. I was wondering the exact same thing as you though when looking at these scopes.
You would think the FOV would be the same on the 2.5-20x50 regardless if the reticle is in the FFP or SFP.
At least I wouldn’t see why it would make a difference but I’m just the retard that looks through them and has no idea how they’re made….so

Reactions: Jcaplinger199
His question didn’t have anything to do with owning both FFP and SFP…but I gues I’m one of those window licking butthole finger whatever guys cause I have both

• Haha
Reactions: reubenski
His question didn’t have anything to do with owning both FFP and SFP…but I gues I’m one of those window licking butthole finger whatever guys cause I have both
Does the SFP have a more "finicky eye box"

My observation with owning both ffp and sfp nx8 4-32x50 milC. The fov numbers are much closer on the 4-32. My opinion/experience, the depth of field and eyebox have a slight edge on the 4-32. Felt tbe reticle was much more usable sfp at low power vs the ffp. I really like that NF put the reticle at true holds at 16x vx 32x. I'm one them mouth-breathing, window-licking, butthole-finger-popping, morons i guess. It has its purpose, as does the ffp version.

Reactions: Earnhardt
My observation with owning both ffp and sfp nx8 4-32x50 milC. The fov numbers are much closer on the 4-32. My opinion/experience, the depth of field and eyebox have a slight edge on the 4-32. Felt tbe reticle was much more usable sfp at low power vs the ffp. I really like that NF put the reticle at true holds at 16x vx 32x. I'm one them mouth-breathing, window-licking, butthole-finger-popping, morons i guess. It has its purpose, as does the ffp version.
I didn't know the SFP reticle subtensions we're true holds at only 16x.