• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NX8 and ATACR

JB.IC

Jackass of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 25, 2019
Specifically NX8 4-32 and 7-35x ATACR. I have two 7-35x ATACR and I really don’t want to buy another one cause of monies so it has me considering at NX8 4-32x.

So I’m only wanting opinions from those who have both scopes. I’ve read enough independent reviews.

So my only question is about the parallax. I keep hearing how fussy the NX8 parallax is which is funny because I already thought the ATACR parallax was garbage to begin with. Just my opinion so don’t get butt hurt. How much more fussy is the NX8 parallax over the ATACR and how you have to constantly adjust the NX8? If you don’t have a problem with the ATACR parallax then can you explain how the NX8 parallax is in comparison to the ATACR?

I have both, both mounted on Vudoo's. One's my wife's (NX8 4-32 MIL-xt) , the others on mine (ATACR 7-35 MIL-xt) . To me, they seem about the same. The ATACR does not line up very accurately with distance markings, and NF did away with numbering the marks on the NX8, so u number them yourself after shooting it. It actually seems to line up with the markings better than the ATACR after shooting it. You do have to adjust from 50,100, 150 etc. but i thought that's what that was for. Sorry if i'm not much help.

Reactions: Warrior 45
I have both, both mounted on Vudoo's. One's my wife's (NX8 4-32 MIL-xt) , the others on mine (ATACR 7-35 MIL-xt) . To me, they seem about the same. The ATACR does not line up very accurately with distance markings, and NF did away with numbering the marks on the NX8, so u number them yourself after shooting it. It actually seems to line up with the markings better than the ATACR after shooting it. You do have to adjust from 50,100, 150 etc. but i thought that's what that was for. Sorry if i'm not much help.

NF ATACR parallax range markings almost never line up. I’ve had 4 ATACRs at one point and they were always off by a long shot so much so that the markings weren’t even worth being a reference point so that isn’t a concern of mine with the NX8. But that’s not what I was referring to.

The way I understand the NX8 parallax complaints were maybe the DOF was horrible. Meaning that it had to be adjusted a lot when changing distances where as scopes with decent to awesome DOF don’t have to be adjust as much. That’s a great benefit for things like PRS when shooting multi distance targets.

I have had both a 7-35 atacr mil-xt and nx8 4-32 mil-xt. I really didn't like the parallax at all in the nx8. If you change magnification you have to adjust the parallax. I caught myself adjusting the parallax all the time. The eye box is pretty tight at 32x. It was a good optic, just not for me. The turrets are a little mushy compared to the atacr. The atacr is a more forgiving in the parallax adjustment even at 35x.

I have had both a 7-35 atacr mil-xt and nx8 4-32 mil-xt. I really didn't like the parallax at all in the nx8. If you change magnification you have to adjust the parallax. I caught myself adjusting the parallax all the time. The eye box is pretty tight at 32x. It was a good optic, just not for me. The turrets are a little mushy compared to the atacr. The atacr is a more forgiving in the parallax adjustment even at 35x.
i haven't spent as much time behind it as it sounds u have. Your explanation will give me something to be a lot more aware of. Thanks

That pretty much sums up everything I keep hearing. I guess I’ll have to buy another ATACR -_- lol

I run a NX8 4-32 and I'm not sure what fussy parallax is. If it means that fine adjustment is needed for distances greater than 25-50 yards, then yes it's "fussy". I agree w/ above, thought that what the parallax adjustment was for, fine tuning. I've only run two matches so far with this scope but I find I just leave the parallax alone with no need for the "fine" adjustment.

I see it as if you really want to fine adjust and you have time, great. If you don't have time, the scope works well without the fine adjustment of the parallax. I also run low magnification when shooting matches. So maybe I'd notice more if I zoomed in more. Matches have been from 50 yards to 220 yards.

Reactions: B-P-UU
Have them both. The ATACR is better on all fronts except for size and weight (and cost I guess).

If diopter is setup correctly, neither is "finicky" in my experience. DOF is shallower on NX8, my understanding is that's a product of 8x erector design.

NX8 has hashes like NXS line and not yardage marks like the ATACR, so you shouldn't get confused by arbitrary numbers.