• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nx8 Vs Razor HD LHT

Nightforce NX8 or Vortex Razor HD LHT

• Nightforce NX8 4-32x50

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Vortex Razor HD LHT 4.5-22x50

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters

Cb36

Private
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2018
Looking at either the Vortex Razor HD LHT 4.5-22x50 or the NX8 4-32x50. Anybody have a real life comparison between the two? Primary use is going to be hunting and long range shooting. I don’t have anywhere around me to go and look through each scope.

I had both, glass and reticle are great in the razor, but the controls were terrible, mag ring parallax were really stiff, and the turrets were soft but it did track good, the controls on the nightforce are nice, but there is a big price difference.

Reactions: Cb36
I echo what was said above. I had both, sold the vortex and bought another NF.

Reactions: Cb36
No experience with the NX8 4-32 but a friend let me borrow his LHT for the San Diego NRL Hunter this upcoming weekend and ive been playing with for about a week on my NRL Hunter gun (a purpose built NRL Hunter gun 🤣🤣🤣)

The LHT definitely punches about its weight, price and actual weight wise on its class. Ill share my takes from a week of use.

I have to agree that the parallax knob is small and stiff and and i can foresee a bit of a pain if i have to mess with it in a rush. Same for the mag ring. MKM makes a polymer throw lever that solves the weird mag ring ring design all hunting scopes have. The mag ring design without a lever makes its operation NF ocular housing like in my opinion

Elevation turret on the copy i have is less tactile or stiff what you’d get on a Atacr but the clicks are very positive. The lock itself is soft and very, very easy to engage if you touch the turret while it’s disengaged. The one im running tracked true thru 6mils (had a short calibrated target)

Zeroing system is idiot resistant. It’s basically a machined shim that gives you .5 mils under when you reset the turret at zero after zeroing.

Windage turret is capped, very small and not as tactile as the elevation turret. honestly im planning on holding wind if they stay under 8mph average. The wind turret is not something id want to mess around with on the clock for sure, specially with gloves.(need to check that tracking tomorrow)

Glass looked good to me, on par with the Gen 2. Eyebox is a touch small but that expected, still easy to get behind at 10-15x mag ranges. Weak side positioning at mid power was not a major pain which is all really need.

XLR-2 Reticle is pretty much a EBR7C. Reticles are a very much personal thing. I like my EBR7C so i like the XLR2. Bit thick but just fine for the intended use.

Its got ilum via a ilum toggle button. Hopefully there wont be blacked out targets to engage. Ilum toggle switches are not my thing, thats the NF way too.

Overall im liking the LHT a lot. Its light and definitely pack more bang for your buck on that class than its peers.

I don’t know how the NF 4-32 is but the 2.5-20 was a no-go for me for hunting. I felt the glass was subpar for a NF. The worst though was the reticle. At 2.5 it was impossible to see being a FFP and that made the low mag setting useless for close shots in dark timber or fast moving target. I had to crack it up to 5-6x to feel confident and that kind of defeated the purpose for me. Maybe the 4x will be better.

I have the LHT on my NRL Hunter and the reticle is useable for close and far. I will actually hunt with this gun too. Mr.F summed up the rest pretty well but so far I’m happy with the LHT for its intended purpose.