• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NXS 5.5-22 50 -vs- NX8 2.5-20 50 Both SFP

JsnSanko

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2011
So I am partial to SFP as I don’t like the size of the reticle changing. No PRS here just a friendly club comp out to 600, sometimes just 300. I also am partial to a true cross hair center sighting point. I really like the NX8 but it has the dot center point. Buying through the mil program and they are both close in price.

So thoughts on this? Or others in the mil price range of this? Going on a custom 6.5CM Build. GGP set, Proof CF barrel, JP SCS, Geissle SSE-E, and Magpul PRS Gen 3. Help spend my money on this build.

Have both. 4 NXS scopes, 2 SHV's and 2 NX8's (several other brands/models, as well).
The NXS's were dang near the pinnacle of scopes when I purchased them and there is really nothing wrong with them now. The ONE thing on the NXS I find very annoying is the entire ocular rotates with the zoom.
That dot in the NX8 will probably grow on you.
For what it's worth, I do like the Swarovski X5i 5-25x56 P over all of the NF scopes I have.

I had an NX8 4-32 and it sucked, the eye box is super tight and the parallax is fussy.
I'm over these short scopes, get the NXS