• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NXS compact FC-2 reticle,hold over experience?

angelone

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 16, 2009
Austria/EUROPE
Has anyone used the FC-2 reticle on the NXS 1-4x for hold over snap shots with AR15?
Original manual from NXS 1-4x :
"The triangular aiming point under the circle can be used as a
10 M.O.A. holdover point from the center dot, and as a ranging
tool in combination with the circle and dot."

so when zero at 100y/m with the 10MOA holdover can be 300y/m ???

Re: NXS compact FC-2 reticle,hold over experience?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: angelone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone used the FC-2 reticle on the NXS 1-4x for hold over snap shots with AR15?
Original manual from NXS 1-4x :
"The triangular aiming point under the circle can be used as a
10 M.O.A. holdover point from the center dot, and as a ranging
tool in combination with the circle and dot."

so when zero at 100y/m with the 10MOA holdover can be 300y/m ???
</div></div>

I have one on a 16" middy. For me, the dot is held slightly higher on the target (12" x 12" steel) The bottom of the circle for 300, the top of the triangle center for 400 and the bottom of the triangle center for 500. I went to 600 and held approx. 2 1/2' over. Works well for me with that set up.

Mark

Great Thanks,will check it and report this here after life fire,my AR is a M4 with 14,5" barrel and will shoot out to 500
stay in touch

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: angelone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great Thanks,will check it and report this here after life fire,my AR is a M4 with 14,5" barrel and will shoot out to 500
stay in touch </div></div>

You might have a tad more hold over, depending on your ammunition. I used PMC 55 grain ball which is at 2925 average for me from a 16" barrel.