• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NXS compact polarized lenses ??

fredreded

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2008
NW Kansas
Just got one of these and am very happy with it. I do have one question though... They come with flip caps that have plastic polarized lenses.

My question is what are they for? I mean I know what the benefits of having polarized lenses are but these (or at least mine) are dark and translucent. I can't see anything but shadowy outlines of stuff looking through them. Even when I am only looking through one of them the image is dark and blurry (and yes I did take off the protective paper stuck to them on both sides).

What's the point of having them given that??? Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of including caps and these are better than not having any but these aren't any better than just having the regular butler creek flip caps. Why bother with the lenses when you can't see through them? Do others have the same issues or do I have caps with bad lenses? Am I missing something?

Re: NXS compact polarized lenses ??

hmmm, good question.

The only thing that comes to mind would be during bright conditions like a clear day with snow on the ground. But it seems strange that they would set it up for something with such specialized use.

Or maybe its X-ray vision, like the glasses they use to sell in the back of magazine
laugh.gif

maybe you have to 'feel the force' to get past the blurry capped sight picture?
worked for luke...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Niles Coyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Or maybe its X-ray vision, like the glasses they use to sell in the back of magazine
laugh.gif
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 051F</div><div class="ubbcode-body">maybe you have to 'feel the force' to get past the blurry capped sight picture?
worked for luke... </div></div>

Nope, pointed it at a hot chick in the Wal-mart parking lot and felt somthing for sure... not sure it was the force, but if so, the force is strong with me... X-ray vision didn't work though, all I saw through was the back of a police cruiser for a bit.... ;-) (obviously a lame attempt at humor)

Other ideas on what might be going on?

Just a guess, never used any, but try rotating them 90 degrees one way or the other and see if that isn't better.
confused.gif

Good thought, but I tried that, no improvement. Even happens with just one cap...