• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NXS magnification ring question.

dk-1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2007
Central, Ca.
Let me throw out a disclaimer first that I have very limited exposure to NXS scopes. I upgraded from a Leupold to an NXS recently. I had some issues with the NXS not focusing clearly so I sent it back to the factory for a look over. The question I have is: should the entire eye piece move with the magnification ring? The one on my scope did and I'm wondering if this could have been the cause for my problem. This is the only scope I have ever known to do this.

Re: NXS magnification ring question.

You are correct. The entire eye piece moves when you change magnification. That is one complaint about the NSX because if you are running butler creek caps and change magnification the cap can then get in the way of the bolt. Believe me I've done it before. You just need to remember this when you step up to the line.