• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NXS upgrade?

Charger442

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 2, 2010
    South Texas
    i am currently running an old school NXS 1-4 on a suppressed 16" rifle and was interested in possibly upgrading. I think the ATACR 1-8 is a step too far price wise and its fatter and heavier. been looking at the NX8 1-8 ..... same weight, same length as the NXS 1-4.

is it worth it to step up to the NX8? im not a big fan of FFP in a low powered variable scope. any input? Do i sell the 1-4 and never look back?

i am currently running an old school NXS 1-4 on a suppressed 16" rifle and was interested in possibly upgrading. I think the ATACR 1-8 is a step too far price wise and its fatter and heavier. been looking at the NX8 1-8 ..... same weight, same length as the NXS 1-4.

is it worth it to step up to the NX8? im not a big fan of FFP in a low powered variable scope. any input? Do i sell the 1-4 and never look back?
    If you don't like FFP, I don't see any reason to "upgrade" to the NX8. Don't get me wrong, I like my NX8. But your 1-4 has double the exit pupil (larger eye box), is NV compatible, and has 1/4 MOA turrets (as opposed to 1/2 MOA), so I don't see how that is "upgrading," unless you find 4 power lacking for your purposes or really want that red-dot bright feature. Otherwise, I don't see any reason to ditch the NXS. So I guess the question is why are you unsatisfied with your NXS and what is it you are hoping to gain?

If you don't like FFP, I don't see any reason to "upgrade" to the NX8. Don't get me wrong, I like my NX8. But your 1-4 has double the exit pupil (larger eye box), is NV compatible, and has 1/4 MOA turrets (as opposed to 1/2 MOA), so I don't see how that is "upgrading," unless you find 4 power lacking for your purposes or really want that red-dot bright feature. Otherwise, I don't see any reason to ditch the NXS. So I guess the question is why are you unsatisfied with your NXS and what is it you are hoping to gain?

little bit of magnification, really. but i read the nx8 eyebox is ridiculously tight.

good point with the NV capability of the 1-4. i hadnt thought of that.

The NX8 eyebox isn't super forgiving, but I haven't had a problem with it. I think the issue of eyebox is a bit overblown, since it's not a red dot and you do have to worry about parallax error if you're not on the gun right anyway. It matters to some people. I don't particularly care.

I've seen video of the NX8 under night vision and it seems to work fine. It's not advertized as being night vision compatible, but IDK how it actually performs because I don't have NV at the moment.