• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NXS with no zero stop

csloop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2012
alabama
Hey guys got a question for ya. I have a new NXS 5.5x22x56 that I bout a few months ago with the thought I was getting one with a zero stop. I have it on a 338 that I had sighted in today and upon adjusting my scope I notice it doesn't have a dang zero stop. So my question is if the dealer I bought it from doesn't make it right can I send it back to nightforce and have it put on

Chris it wasn't y'all it was someone from my area. It just really really pisses me off they I have waited 9 months for my build to arrive and when I go sight her in it didn't have the zero stop. Such a disappointment

Pretty sure NF can do it.
I called them about the same thing it was expensive?
Maybe $300.00 plus?
May be better to sale yours and buy another one?

PSE EVO 60 Lbs.
Blacked out

Selling it could be an option but with it being brand new I know if I sold it I wouldn't get full value for it so if I have to send it back then that is what I will have to do

I was thinking of buying a used scope, one didn't have Zero stop the other didn't have matching reticle. Below is the reply from NF. I think the trouble you are going to have is most are looking for Zero stop, to sell you might take a beating financially.

Thank you for contacting Nightforce Optics.

Reticle modifications for either of your optics are $350.00.

Turret modifications to High Speed ZeroStop turrets are $400.00 for either of your optics.

Return shipping charges for elective service modifications is $20.00.

To have any of these services performed, please contact a Nightforce Optics customer service representative at (208) 476-9814 to schedule the service and receive a Return Merchandise Authorization number (RMA). An RMA must be processed prior to performing any services. When calling, please be prepared to supply your personal contact information and the nature of your request, to include the optic configuration, serial number etc. Lastly, we ask that all service optics are sent in with a Factory Service Form. This form can be downloaded and printed from our website under the Support tab,www.nightforceoptics.com.

All prices are subject to change at Nightforce Optics discretion.

Please let us know if we can be of additional assistance.

Last edited:
Honestly, if it's a newer model with hi-speed... Do you really need zero stop? It sucks that you thought you were getting it, but hi-speed almost negates the ZS Imo. Especially if you toss a hi-vis dab of paint on your zero line

If you decide to sell, keep in mind that most of the nxs line is heavily discounted. You can get a brand new w/ mil/mil or moa/moa for 1500. Even less if you go mil/moa.

My suggestion, shoot it til you hate it.... Just Don't beat the piss out of it and you can still get good money for it down the road

Put it on your bb gun and buy a real mans scope.....

Ok, Im kidding. I love the NXS line. I asked about them installing the Velocity reticle about a year and a half ago and was quoted $400 as well.

Quick question...does the turret have a flat top all the way across or a domed top? Reason being is that when you first receive a scope with the zero stops the clutch is turned out so that the shooter can adjust up or down to get zeroed and then loosen the screws to set the zero stop clutch.

Elnino I guess it's just me being lazy and not wanting to have to remember to count coming down. An update though is that I called nightforce and they basically told me what I feared. They can't do much since it was the gun shops fault and the shop is blaming me. However they did tell me to bring the scope up there and they would call nightforce and see what can be done. Needless to say if it can't be fixed I will never use them again

Some where there was a post how they made a collar to fit under to fit under the dial and made there own zero stop.