• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

NY Compliant AR Barrel @14.5"

i556

Private
Minuteman
Jul 22, 2018
Huntington , New York
Hi folks, I was looking to build an 14.5" pinned m4 replica, either a govt profile or socom profile. My question is, would pinning the a2 flash hider to the barrel no longer classify it as a muzzle device. My logic is that if a pinned muzzle device satisfies the 16" barrel rule, then the device is no longer a device but has become part of the barrel. I just would like some insight if possible . Thank you. Also if anyone knows where I could aquire a pinned barrel or barrel with a complete fsb it would be great.

I'm thinking in NY you better look for a 16 inch alternative, unless it is a pistol. I do not know of any way a civilian in NY can have any NFA item without breaking the law.

Your absolutely right about the NFA items, but If the barrel is pinned to 16 inches I should be fine, no. It only becomes an NFA item if the overall length is below 16"

I guess your right, it's still a flash hider even if its pinned to the barrel, I thought Maybe it'd be considered part of the barrel if you get my logic. Thank you guys. , Its hard to have any dialogue in regard to gun control when they are banning cosmetic features on a rifle. ffs.This is such bs, my record is spotless and I get fked, I'm sick to my stomach

Reactions: diverdon
I guess your right, it's still a flash hider even if its pinned to the barrel, I thought Maybe it'd be considered part of the barrel if you get my logic. Thank you guys. , Its hard to have any dialogue in regard to gun control when they are banning cosmetic features on a rifle. ffs.This is such bs, my record is spotless and I get fked, I'm sick to my stomach

Might be BS, but stay on the correct side of the law. The way I read Cumo's unconstitutional SAFE act is that even having a barrel threaded to put a flashhider, MB or anything else is against the law. I have no doubt that he will rot in hell, but there is no point in you or I taking a trip through the system in the meantime.

Reactions: Dan M
Might be BS, but stay on the correct side of the law. The way I read Cumo's unconstitutional SAFE act is that even having a barrel threaded to put a flashhider, MB or anything else is against the law. I have no doubt that he will rot in hell, but there is no point in you or I taking a trip through the system in the meantime.
I am, I will stay on the right side of the law, your 100% right, I'm sure that's exactly what they'd want and I'm sure they expect others to do, easy way to lose rights is by making good people criminals. These foolish laws will do nothing to deter criminals or "gun violence", I cant stand this state and its cancer.

Just came across this topic while looking for something else. Absolutely no flash hiders under the NY SAFE Act for non-Leo. Event under the old law the barrel itself had to be 16 inches before the flash hider which then had to be pinned and welded. I used to have a flash hider pinned and welded on mine but I had the gunsmith at my local shop cut off the flash hider and crown the barrel. (See before and after).

Attachments

• 23C20B0C-538D-42B4-8EDD-8EF051CB9B91.jpeg
    23C20B0C-538D-42B4-8EDD-8EF051CB9B91.jpeg
    881.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 8EB53E70-8525-428C-A4BA-09F741BDC817.jpeg
    8EB53E70-8525-428C-A4BA-09F741BDC817.jpeg
    246 KB · Views: 41