• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

nylon or bronze brush in your precision rifle?

Re: nylon or bronze brush in your precision rifle?

I personally favor the nylon brushes. Have been using them for years with Boretech Eliminator and they clean great without abusing the barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I personally favor the nylon brushes. Have been using them for years with Boretech Eliminator and they clean great without abusing the barrel. </div></div>

This! Get a Lucas boreguide and you are all set.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: m14er</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I personally favor the nylon brushes. Have been using them for years with Boretech Eliminator and they clean great without abusing the barrel. </div></div>

This! Get a Lucas boreguide and you are all set.</div></div>

+1
Just got my 2 new Lucas guides, Could not be more happier with them. He was a great guy to deal with.
I also use nylon brushes.

I use a bronze brush. I very rarely clean mine but when it needs to be clean it is really dirty and I feel I need the bronze to o a better job.

I also figure that the wear and tear from the bullet as is passes through the barrel will be much harder on the barrel than my lubed bronze brush.

Montana Extreme nylon brushes and a whole bunch of 7.62 Solvent! Barrels are expendable items!
laugh.gif

I use a bore snake no solvent after the range. After 500 or so rounds I will use a Lucas bore guide, a bronze brush and Butch's bore shine. Then I run my patches through it and call it a day.

This popped up on the brownells Facebook page.. My answer was something like chop those pork chop's off the side of your face and come into the 21st century...

With the current regiment of cleaners I am not even sure why you need a bore brush anymore. But when I do use one its always nylon. Wipe-out, CR-6, Bore-tech, etc all seem to work well enough that a brush is not needed at all.

I feel like the nylon brushes get the barrel as clean as it needs to be.

While nylon is softer than bronze or brass brushes, they all are softer then the barrel your putting them through. I wouldn't worry so much about the brush. However, without a bore guide you can cause a lot more damage then the brushes ever will.