• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NYPD saves the day

Flyingbullseye

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 24, 2010
    Michigan
    If you need something to brighten up your day, well then here you go. Just be sure to read the comments.

89BA347D-1540-452A-9934-495D7C722EE2.jpeg

I wasn't sure how to find the comment section as i'm not on FB and so i can't comment on them (i do appreciate the functionality of the posted firearm). That said, i've known a few members of the transit police team in NY and they're pretty awesome, very nice people working in a very trying environment.

No FB account here either, but just judging from the whole piece, I going to make several assumptions...

1. The gun was not loaded. Assuming this revolver is chambered in .32 S&W Long or perhaps an export model in some even more hard to find turn of the century European caliber. Not too many gang members are known to have anything other than 9mm, .45 Auto, .380 Auto, .22 LR and other widely available calibers on them during gun arrests, UNLESS this gun was stolen along with ammo from somebody's lockbox.

2. Even if that pistol IS loaded with proper ammo, how the fuck is he planning to fire it? A screwdriver or an awl held like a syringe in the other hand? I don't think your average streetrat is even that smart to figure it out.

3. Taking bets on the likelihood that this firearm is returned to the hands of it's rightful owners. (Hint: A fool and an optimist's money are soon parted.)

4. The NYPD is getting clowned in the comments aren't they?

You don't need a FB account to read the comments. Click on the middle icon on the bottom of the posted pic.

I live in an area where the manufacture of these style pistols was prevalent.

The locals have these or similar in spades and they have filtered into the "community".

If you are interested in just rewards perhaps the thing to do would let them stay "in the community" and crime would be reduced eventually as its tough to be criminal when you only have one hand and one eye left after firing some of the stuff that is out there and not understanding the fact that just because the bullet fits - doesnt mean it was meant for that gun.

Looks like they pieced the cylinder together from a different frame.

Faked the shot to me.

I live in an area where the manufacture of these style pistols was prevalent.

The locals have these or similar in spades and they have filtered into the "community".

If you are interested in just rewards perhaps the thing to do would let them stay "in the community" and crime would be reduced eventually as its tough to be criminal when you only have one hand and one eye left after firing some of the stuff that is out there and not understanding the fact that just because the bullet fits - doesnt mean it was meant for that gun.

I kind of feel sorry for the eldest sons of those "rich and vibrant" communities. They are not exactly the highest pole beans on the vine...

No bueno... Tried right click, copy link and paste too but it just leads to a main FB page with some more entries on the bottom...
    Worked for me.

Click on the the little 4.4K button and it brings you to the NYPD page.

Click "Not Now" for sign in and than read some hilarity.

What are the statutes on possesion of scrap metals?

Looks like they pieced the cylinder together from a different frame.

Faked the shot to me.

Roehm industries made a series of revolvers in the 70s that I think are "the classical" Saturday Night Specials that in my youth from watching the news I thought were going to kill me if I ever ventured out of the house.

It was the earliest push at eliminating a genre of guns because they were "evil" and the marketing gave it a name "Saturday Night Special". Another media charade to scare children and their mothers for their political purposes not unlike Corona virus or global warming.

I come across a Roehm, RG Industries gun every once in awhile and they are steaming piles of shit.

They use similar pot metal, zinc as shrouds over the cheapest steel they can obtain to withstand the firing pressure.

AT least Hi Point builds cheap with the company goal of bringing 2A to the masses and the manufacturer is supportive of lawful gun use.

Not so sure what RG Industries company policy was.

• Haha
    Reactions: Blue Sky Country
    Just because I trust nothing, I verified, It was posted Jan 20th 2020 on their Twitter page. (Facebook also of course but fuck Facebook).

Last edited:
    Looks like a .32 rimfire that I was given by a relative. Tried to buy some ammo only to discover each cartridge is worth more than the gun.

• Wow
    Reactions: QuickNDirty
    It is with great sorrow upon my breast, that I must pen this letter. The law men of York hath rounded me up, and disarmed me of 'Ol Trusty. It is sadder still, that I must now leave Maribelle behind to tend to our six children on the farm. I go now to the dark cell, awaiting the gallows. I have fought the law, and most grievously, the law won.
    -Russel 'Rusty' Smithwick Tenpenny III

default_bellylaf.gif