• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

O ring on extractor spring

taseal

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2011
SE FL
My new select fire sbr was having an issue where it appeared the case was coming off the bolt. An O ring seemed to fix the issue. Now my question however is this... How on earth that thing isn't gonna melt in that heat? Few rapid mags. (Single or auto) can really heat these things up...

Won't it just melt from the serious heat? Or does the bolt/extractor doesn't get that hot?

Just curious. It seemed to really help the issue. The issue was non existent with 14.5 uppers, but only with the 10.5 and sometimes 11.5.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

They are a lot more tolerant than you might think. Sure things get hot, but not nearly enough to cause any worry of melting even as you get the cyclic rate up there with the shorter barrels and suppressors. I've yet to lose one from melting at least and I certainly have not seen it.

I did a lot of successive full auto mag dumps (like 15ish) with one once on a Bushmaster M4A1 knockoff, didn't melt the one I had in there but it was unknown origin, there when I was issued the rifle. We had an AK that was boiling the varnish out of the forearm shooting at about the same rate of fire, running a mag about every 30-45 seconds or so. I abused the fuck out of that rifle on the way out from that company, still couldn't get it to jam.

Plumbing parts are for sinks and toilets... Just sayin' :cool:

A heavier buffer assembly and proper extractor spring will likely solve your problems.

Plumbing parts are for sinks and toilets... Just sayin' :cool:

A heavier buffer assembly and proper extractor spring will likely solve your problems.

It's working and I don't wanna touch what's making it work. I might try a new spring and see what it does, but I hear ya on that. A heavier buffer might also fix the issue. Too bad I don't have access to all the buffers to test.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

they are most likely made of Viton, temp. range is -40 to +400. if your parts get over
400F I'm sure you might have issues but that's pretty hot...........