• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Oaks Gun Show In King of Prussia PA

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    3 day gun show in June. Not the huge show, but this one is bigger than all around the area.

Anyone want to meet up? The show opens at 1pm on Friday, so maybe lunch at one of the local restaurants before the show opens. If not any time on Friday or Saturday. I'm out for Sunday.

3 day gun show in June. Not the huge show, but this one is bigger than all around the area.

Anyone want to meet up? The show opens at 1pm on Friday, so maybe lunch at one of the local restaurants before the show opens. If not any time on Friday or Saturday. I'm out for Sunday.
    it used to be a good show but past several yrs it's been meh imho. Very very few deals

Reactions: Darayavaus
    After the last Chantilly show, I'm not inclined to make a drive that far. Chantilly used to have a lot of cool and off the wall stuff show up. The one I went to in January didn't have near as much quality merchandise. Mostly just a larger quantity of the typical gunshow junk.

Yeah, there are no gunshows that can compare to shows from the past. I have been going to shows for the last 30 +/- years. The Oaks show however has shear volume. Again, this isn't the large Oaks show but it's still impressive. But if you're looking at getting the deals from 10 years ago, then stay home.

My plan of attack is to shoot through the aisles looking for those too good to be true deals, then slowing down and looking closer for the subtle deals. This worked well for me a few years ago. After blitzing through the show without finding that deal, I slowed down and found a non FFL guy sitting in a corner. I spent over $400 on mags that I could have almost doubled my money if I wanted to resell them.

There are deals to be made. There is also an ammo dealer that has always had decent deals. Again not deals from 10 years ago, but less than anyone else sells it for.

Then you have the WW11 dealers who have some outstanding firearms. Some of the best M1 Carbines I've ever seen. Garand too.

I will have another surgery on May 20th, so I should have time to heal and be ready. I hope to see some of ya there, but if not, I'll list all of those deals you missed.

Reactions: crackerbrown

back in the 90's and early 2000's I used to hit the KOP show religiously. never did oaks though - now I just order everything online and get exactly what I'm looking for.

After the last Chantilly show, I'm not inclined to make a drive that far. Chantilly used to have a lot of cool and off the wall stuff show up. The one I went to in January didn't have near as much quality merchandise. Mostly just a larger quantity of the typical gunshow junk.
    I'm headed to Chantilly this Saturday. A lot of junk down there anymore and I told my buddy this might be the last one I go to. Been going to that show at least twice a year since 2007. Hoping I might get lucky and find a Ruger made Marlin 45-70 and a Tactical Solutions 10/22. Other than that after 15 years of gun shows I'm pretty well stocked up. Plus the SH Exchange has way cooler stuff.

I just left the Oaks show. First show I’ve been to in a little while. Everything was $$$ and half of the 1500 tables didn’t have anything to do with firearm related stuff… as usual

Found some “deals” on some stuff but not a whole lot!

Kids came over and celebrated Father's Day since 2 of the 3 will be leaving on vacation next weekend. I'm going to try to make it tomorrow, but not sure if it was that bad of a show. 700+ tables either empty or selling gym sock isn't my cup of tea.

Thanks for the update!