• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Objective size for Swarovski BTX

Rio Precision Gunworks

Supporter
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2023
Texas
So, we are purchasing a BTX soon and a bit hung up on which objective to start with. Lots of use will be on range either for classes or PRS type matches. Also a fair bit of hunting.....though likely not an extreme amount of packing around.

Looking for input from anyone who has tried multiple objective sizes of the four they offer. Which did you try, which did you stick with (or did you keep multiple), and why did you pick the size/s you picked?

Thanks

Reactions: Euro.Connor
Either the 115 or the 85. Both have roughly the same FOV and are noticeably bigger than either the 95 or 65. The 115 is at 35x and the 85 is 30x.

For all around use, I'd give the nod towards the 85.

So, we are purchasing a BTX soon and a bit hung up on which objective to start with. Lots of use will be on range either for classes or PRS type matches. Also a fair bit of hunting.....though likely not an extreme amount of packing around.

Looking for input from anyone who has tried multiple objective sizes of the four they offer. Which did you try, which did you stick with (or did you keep multiple), and why did you pick the size/s you picked?

Thanks
If youd like to give me a call, Id be happy to discuss options and help narrow your decision! Ask for Connor at EoroOptic
570 368 3920

I’d see if you can try them out - my local scheels has them and they’ll take you outside to view through them. I went with the ATX and 85mm lens, it has not been difficult to pack at all. My dad has the BTX with 95mm lens - definitely bigger but still doable. We use the BTX at the range often as well as glassing from view points. We’ve packed it a few times and it’s fine, just takes up a bit more room.

Personally, I’ve been very happy with the 85mm.

Either the 115 or the 85. Both have roughly the same FOV and are noticeably bigger than either the 95 or 65. The 115 is at 35x and the 85 is 30x.

For all around use, I'd give the nod towards the 85.

Your experience was the 85 and 115 have larger FoV than the 95 and 65?

Despite the specs being the 65 and 85 have same FoV, and the 115 and 95 having the same FoV. With the two smaller have a bit of a large FoV?

Just curious if you noticed something that was different than the listed specs.

I have a good buddy I shoot with who runs the BTX and 65.

No issues spotting shooting and nicer in the pack.

Sheep hunting the west is his thing, but hunts all kind of things all over.

Try em out.
Having used his 65, never had an issue….

Your experience was the 85 and 115 have larger FoV than the 95 and 65?

Despite the specs being the 65 and 85 have same FoV, and the 115 and 95 having the same FoV. With the two smaller have a bit of a large FoV?

Just curious if you noticed something that was different than the listed specs.
I just took a quick look at the Swaro website and it looks like they changed some things since I was last on it (year + ago). They used to have a bit simpler comparison chart between the objective sizes. If I recall correctly, the 115 and 85 had a roughly equivalent FOV (just different mag) which was larger than the 65 and 95 (which were also roughly the same FOV, just different mag).

I've been behind all of them, albeit very limitedly with the 65. Myself and a few others agreed that the 115 and 85 FOV was pretty close. So much so that a couple sold their 115 objective and got 85s for the weight and size reduction. I started with a 95 and it's great, but the FOV gain was obvious when I went to the 115.

I went with the 85 as I pack it with me, I have never really needed any more but have often wondered if I should have gone bigger. That usually stops after I pack it for a few miles, then I am content with 85. You will love it whichever way you go.