• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Obsessing a bit

skep_tic1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2007
NC
I am going to pick up my new rifle tomorrow. Its a 700 5r milspec 308. I have an IOR 2.5-10x42 FFP mil/mil and I just ordered today a Falcon 4.5-14x44 FFP mil/mil. Now I know that the IOR is clearly the better of the two optics and it currently sits on my SPS tactical(thats been worked a little). My instinct is telling me to put the better glass on the better rifle. BUT,,,, the IOR has a healthy little scratch on it from where a set of SPS rings did'nt hold and it slid all the way back under recoil. I'm having a hard time putting an optic with a scratch on it on my new milspec. Can some one talk some since into me PLEASE.

Re: Obsessing a bit

Damn. I meant to post this in the optics forum. Please move. See.... this has got me all f'd up

Yeah, just do it. It's a ring mark that doesn't affect anything functional.

If you'd like, I'll take the 5R and roll around with it in the dirt for a while, then the ring marks will look right at home
wink.gif

-matt

Just use whichever optic best matches your handbag and pumps...

I'm going to be the maverick here and completely disagree. That scratch has most likely dicked up that scope beyond repair. I'm always looking to help a brother out. So if you want send me the scope, I'll send you a hundred bucks to get a bottle of Crown Royal and a nice steak dinner. Now I know that won't take away all the pain, but it should help. I'll just end up using it to shore up my coffee table anyway............but that's the kind of guy I am.

<span style="font-weight: bold">WHY IS THIS SO FUNNY?</span> LMAO