• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Obvious or stupid?

257speed

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 2, 2007
Alb, New Mexico
I have always questioned why they put the windage knob on the right side of the scope. If it was on the left side, we (right handed shooters) could see it without moving your head. Was this another conspiracy concocted by the left hand elitest??
grin.gif

Re: Obvious or stupid?

I don't know about a conspiracy, but is sure is nice for us righties to fine tune our focus with our left hand on the left turret while prone.

Minimizes the risk of messing with the trigger while making adjustments.
Propably not even close, but its the best I got
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 257speed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have always questioned why they put the windage knob on the right side of the scope. If it was on the left side, we (right handed shooters) could see it without moving your head. Was this another conspiracy concocted by the left hand elitest??
grin.gif
</div></div>

You can order it on the left from USO.....

I would guess that since most are right handed, your left is your support hand (holding the rifle up while standing )
having it on the right allows you to adjust while supporting the rifle.... just a WAG....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 257speed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have always questioned why they put the windage knob on the right side of the scope. If it was on the left side, we (right handed shooters) could see it without moving your head. Was this another conspiracy concocted by the left hand elitest??
grin.gif
</div></div>

Us left handed people are not elitest, just better than you.
whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tactical riflemen don't dial windage - they hold it.

And the parallax knob is of far more use than the windage knob.
</div></div>

+1 I very rarely touch the windage knob after zeroing.

there is little wind on the internet.....thus i do all my best shooting on the internet.....them windage knobs are for benchrest weenies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tactical riflemen don't dial windage - they hold it.

And the parallax knob is of far more use than the windage knob.
</div></div>

+1 I very rarely touch the windage knob after zeroing. </div></div>

Now I don't feel quite so guilty about my laziness in learning, and ignorance of, the magic of the wind!