• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Occulus

Personally I can't wait until the VR gaming fad goes away for good! Yeah, I know I'm a wet blanket when it comes to VR, but I'm a traditional gamer who would rather chill in a comfy chair with a beer, a control pad, and a good game rather than wearing some overly heavy contraption on my face and flailing my arms around like I'm self-immolating and playing an extremely sub-par game. And yeah, I have tried VR multiple times just to confirm that it sucks in my mind so I don't waste money on it.

Good VR is still a bit expensive on the hardware required and not exactly for everyone. Even the $800 hardware sets driven by $2k of computer leave a fair bit to be desired.
$199 hardware is going to be junk unless it's just the display and you have a lot of other hardware driving it
The oculus go is going to be more of a headache inducer, You need either the Oculus Rift, or the HTC Vive if you want good gaming & you'll need a high end PC to drive either.

Otherwise, if you happen to have one of the newer Samsung Galaxy phones, grab the matching Gear VR headset and play around with it a bit to get an idea of what you will be looking at.

The Gear VR is fun for some quick things like Google Earth in VR, some 3D videos and some light 3D shooting games (right till your brain has had enough of the display set).

HTC Vive is supposed to be better but is more expensive. You need to make sure that the refresh rate is super high and the pixel density is up there as well otherwise it will not be as immersive AND will make you nauseous.
Drunkn Bar Fight seems obnoxiously fun.

Reactions: Bender
Personally I can't wait until the VR gaming fad goes away for good! Yeah, I know I'm a wet blanket when it comes to VR, but I'm a traditional gamer who would rather chill in a comfy chair with a beer, a control pad, and a good game rather than wearing some overly heavy contraption on my face and flailing my arms around like I'm self-immolating and playing an extremely sub-par game. And yeah, I have tried VR multiple times just to confirm that it sucks in my mind so I don't waste money on it.

It aint going no where ... you will see FB, Apple, MSFT, Amazon and Google all pushing more and more here.