• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Octane 45 and Glock 19 gen 4

79steeler

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2012
    Octane 45 suppressor on my Glock 19 Gen 4 using 147 grain subs won't go fully into battery? Barrel is a lone wolf. It ejects and cycles the round fine, it just won't go completely back into battery by like a 1/16"? Lone Wolf barrel fit real tight. Do I need to shoot the hell out of it to break in this barrel or try a lighter/heavier recoil spring. It functions fine without the can?? Help?

Is your piston hanging up, not clean, not lubed? I'd look there first. Take the piston out and have a look. If the piston gets too cruddy, it won't work. It won't allow the can to go "weightless" during recoil.

First time out with the can! It's brand new!

Well fuck shits....

Are you near Pittsburgh by chance? I only ask cuz of your name. Im in PGH and I'm willing to meet up with you do we can swap parts to try an narrow it down.

I've ran into this problem with one of my zev 34's that I put a lone wolf in. The lock up was very tight, I ended up shooting it unsupressed for a few hundred rounds. It got better but is still finicky if the piston on my osprey gets dry.

I'm in Phoenix. I want to shoot 147 subs exclusively to keep it as quiet as possible. I'm going to try and put 500 rounds thru it unsuppressed and try again. Maybe a lighter or heavier spring???

You shouldn't need a different spring. I have a 19 kkm barrel, a 17 sico barrel and storm lake barrel that have been in numerous guns. I've ran octanes, ospreys, yhms, never had an issue. Maybe you do need to break the barrel in. I can send you a piston and spring abd barrel so you can try it and see what happens.

I would really look into the piston. Mine will start failing to go into battery when it gets really dirty or dry. Lube it up and try again. Also make sure that all of the caps and piston are tight.

Dump the lone wolf barrel and get a Glock threaded barrel. Never had an issue using Glock threaded barrels for my various 9mm and 45acp Glocks suppressed. Lone wolf barrels are a fix without a problem.