• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OCW MR Pro 2000 185 Juggernaut

diego-ted

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2011
Diego-Town
This test was also shot this morning, same rifle as was used in the Varget test. This load is with Allient MR pro 2000 and the Berger 185 Juggernaugts. This is the way a load should come togeather!! MV was around 2850 for the high load, I hope this powder is not temp sensitive as I have been told.

What do you think?

thx Ted

47.3 with Berger 185 VLD Match was the OCW sweet spot for me - looks pretty dang similar here. Win Brass, Fed 210M primers, jammed, factory barrel SPS-V. Long load - lands are a long way off. Velocity is around 2825. Will have it at 600 this weekend so we'll see how it goes. Limited testing seems to indicate it shoots better than the Lapua 155s from my rifle.

Last edited:
Just bought some 185 juggernauts to try with pro 2000 in my PCR build. How far off the lands did you start this loads.

Just bought some 185 juggernauts to try with pro 2000 in my PCR build. How far off the lands did you start this loads.

Not sure how far off the OP started, but I started my load with this powder and bullet combo at .020" off and have yet to change it. I think that would be a good place to start.

I was at 25, will test seating depth this week.

Ted

Man , with that group at 47.5 I wouldn't change a thing No need chasing unicorns. Doesn't get better than that. Maybe try it at 3 or 400 yards but I see no real value of improving a 1 hole group. As far as over pressure, I was running 48 grains with a 175 smk at 2.825. Lapua brass. No op at all and it was 80 or so degrees. Talk to DownSouth. He won a lot of matches with that particular load and neither he nor I ever had an op problem that I can recall.

I assume you guys are talking about 308 Win loads? If so, are those above 47.5 showing any signs of high pressure?

This is with Alliant Power Pro 2000 MR powder. It gives more velocity at the same pressure levels as other powders. This range seems fairly common in the 175-190 weight bullets in 308 win and 30" barrels

I would run another one with smaller increments in between 47 and 48. This would confirm results and get you better numbers.

You may also want to test jammed in at lower pressures and work up to 48 since that will be your highest pressure scenario before choosing that as your official load. Dan Newberry recommends that you do this testing jammed in because of this.

I just found my load.
Lapua brass, fgm210m, 47.0 pp2000, at 2.203 to ogive (2.850 COAL)
I shot last Sunday at 655 yards and I really couldn't believe how fast they were rolling. 2855 to 2865 fps based on drop from a 100 yard zero. Barrel is 28" bartlein 1:11.25

diego-ted nice load you got there. I can only wish that 185 juggenauts with mr2000 are as promising for us with ar308's at 2.800 oal. great shooting keep us informed..

downsouth and i were at a match last weekend and that load and shooter where deadly

Last edited:
downsouth and i were at a match last weekend and that load and shooter where deadly

DownSouth is the guy who "enlightened" me to PP2000mr! Shot with him at Palo Alto a time or two. We are still buddies and talk often. Damn good guy