• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OCW results (Chrono)

DocRDS

Head Maffs Monkey
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2012
The Great Beyond
So after my epic fuck up I re did my load test for the AI. Ended up with this for Chrono Results.

140 ELD-M H4350.
My AI is freakin fast as hell, chronos 100FPS over my Howa (same barrel length) and almost 100 FPS over book values (similar barrel).
No pressure signs at 41.6 which was where my problem was last week when my ammo was badly sized. This week I double checked everything, measured twice and then twice again, and guaged every round.

Anyway, if I am reading this correct, I have a decent node at 40 grains (feedback requested). I haven't measured the targets yet because it was at 100 and position was not condusive to good fundamentals (aka I suck). I did not see a ton of difference in the targets except for my called fliers. I can post those up if it helps, my main goal was (A) figure out how not to blow my gun up. (B) Get consistent Chrono results. Those results around 41 are big WTFs. I've had trouble with reloads, but my powder measurement has always been on par so something bad is going on there.

Also excel sucks, but you knew that.

Reason for all the shots at 38, as those were my setup shots to get Labradar working, and just be cautios that gun was working ok after last weeks fiasco. The three "real" shots were 2644, 2644, 2678. Even though it looks like 2 shots, every charge has 3.

1648442831667.png

Reactions: straightshooter1
I would look at the 41.3 load. (I think it is 41.3ish) 2830ish is a definite accuracy node.

So after my epic fuck up I re did my load test for the AI. Ended up with this for Chrono Results.

140 ELD-M H4350.
My AI is freakin fast as hell, chronos 100FPS over my Howa (same barrel length) and almost 100 FPS over book values (similar barrel).
No pressure signs at 41.6 which was where my problem was last week when my ammo was badly sized. This week I double checked everything, measured twice and then twice again, and guaged every round.

Anyway, if I am reading this correct, I have a decent node at 40 grains (feedback requested). I haven't measured the targets yet because it was at 100 and position was not condusive to good fundamentals (aka I suck). I did not see a ton of difference in the targets except for my called fliers. I can post those up if it helps, my main goal was (A) figure out how not to blow my gun up. (B) Get consistent Chrono results. Those results around 41 are big WTFs. I've had trouble with reloads, but my powder measurement has always been on par so something bad is going on there.

Reason for all the shots at 38, as those were my setup shots to get Labradar working, and just be cautios that gun was working ok after last weeks fiasco. The three "real" shots were 2644, 2644, 2678. Even though it looks like 2 shots, every charge has 3.

View attachment 7837141

Excellent, as I can see the sign wave for the harmonics of you're barrel there. It looks like the load at 40.2 is the that should work well as you want to be at what referred to as the anti-node of the harmonics (the top of that wave, or the bottom).

Below is an excellent example of what a barrel's sign wave can look like that someone posted in a thread. The load isn't changed for this, only the incremental setting on the attached tuner giving a good picture of the wave. In this picture, one would want to choose the setting at #2-3 or the 9 to get consistent results as that part of the harmonic when it's changing direction is when the vibration is at its slowest movement. You're sign wave is at an angle as you're loads are increasing.

Barrel Harmonic Sine Wave-.jpg

Reactions: Dogtown
You can't do an OCW test without a target. It relies on nothing but POI to to look for nodes and choose charge weight. You might as well have done one round per charge weight and choose the velocity range you wanted.

100FPS faster with the same barrel length is possible, but I would be double checking to see if I was jammed into the lands if it were me.

Reactions: Doom
You can't do an OCW test without a target. It relies on nothing but POI to to look for nodes and choose charge weight. You might as well have done one round per charge weight and choose the velocity range you wanted.

100FPS faster with the same barrel length is possible, but I would be double checking to see if I was jammed into the lands if it were me.
Here's the targets with vertical displacement by charge weight. I could do a total displacement, but i think I pulled too many shots due to bad marksmanship.

1648480589030.png

There was a little L-R movement in the groups, but I was mostly centered.

And yeah I am not jammed into the lands by any stretch. COAL was 2.800. 41.3 had too many fliers.

Here's first six targets with known fliers and POA marked...notice the top right I couldn't get the center actually in the crosshair due to range conditions/restrictions.

IMG_20220328_102341949.png

140 ELD-M H4350.

View attachment 7837141
Explore 41.2ish. You want to be in the center of a node (if you believe in that sort of thing).