• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OCW/Round robin with a B.O.S.S.

Bigwheels

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 16, 2007
    Anacortes WA
    Question for you all. I'm wondering how you would go about load development with a B.O.S.S. equiped rifle. Would you set the BOSS @ the "recomended sweet spot" & start there? Woud you remove it to start?
    I have a good 1/2 moa load with this rifle, but I think I got onto it by accident.

Re: OCW/Round robin with a B.O.S.S.

Where you are now, I would move the Boss a little bit to see if anything improves. If not, put it back and be happy with what you have.

I have adjusted the BOSS, & am happy with the accuracy of this load. BTW its a M-70 in 338 WM. I'm wanting to do a comprehensive load test with the new 250 Accubonds with H-4831SC. I'm wondering what to set the BOSS to for the OCW testing.

The B.O.S.S. supposedly gives you a means to tune to factory loads. If you have a favorite factory load you may want to tune the rifle to it, and then work on a handload that likes that same setting too. I would guess that if you are running the same wieght/brand as factory loadings it shouldn't be much trouble. If you are changing bullet wieghts from a good factory load an adjustment may be inevitable. That's my thoughts any how.

Man! I thought there were enough variables already and now you throw this in.
    wink.gif

Check Practical Riflery Forum. They have lots of info there pertaining to the OCW.

Time, barrels, and reloading components cost money. I would take my .5 MOA accident, and drive it like I stole it!

Marc
    grin.gif