• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OCW Test Part Duex :Think I Got It Right This Time

67rschev

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2011
Colorado
Botched My first try at OCW work up , and I gave it another go . Followed Newberry's instructions to the letter this time , and myself and the rifle were more prepared . Amazing what a difference when you have a good cheek wield with the scope in the correct eye relief position .

Analyzing it I would think that somewhere around # 2 and # 3 on second set (45.1 and 45.4) is where my best Charge weight will occur . Is that correct ? Thanks for the help

DSC08100.jpg

DSC08103.jpg

On a side note , took what little information I could obtain from my first go around and tried to tweak what I thought was the sweet spot . Turned out pretty descent , all though I think the higher node found in the second test will prove to be better . Almost 1 holed # 1 , but choked on the 5th shot as usual . One of these days , I learn to relax when I see a good group coming together

DSC08099.jpg

Re: OCW Test Part Duex :Think I Got It Right This Time

I would pick 45.2 myself. Remember group size is just about irrelevant when doing OCW. You are looking at point of impact only. To verify I would load up one round each of 44.8, 45.0, 45.2, and 45.4 and shoot for a group. You should get a pretty decent group out of it, hence why your going for point of impact, not individual group size. If this looks good I would pick 45.2 as my OCW and then start to adjust seating depth for maximum precision and accuracy.

Re: OCW Test Part Duex :Think I Got It Right This Time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rebel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would pick 45.2 myself. Remember group size is just about irrelevant when doing OCW. You are looking at point of impact only. To verify I would load up one round each of 44.8, 45.0, 45.2, and 45.4 and shoot for a group. You should get a pretty decent group out of it, hence why your going for point of impact, not individual group size. If this looks good I would pick 45.2 as my OCW and then start to adjust seating depth for maximum precision and accuracy. </div></div>

Thank you and yep , that is right where I was thinking . I know we are not looking at group size with OCW , but none the less , second set targets # 2 and # 3 ( 45.1 45.4 ) shared the best groupings as well as relative POI