• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OCW test, What do you guys think?

myownman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2011
Deer Park Tx..
It has been a long time since I have tried to shoot any groups. But here is a 100yrd round robin test I tried today with a new build I just got. 7-08, Varget powder, Shooting 162gr A-MAX. My book was showing 39.9gr as max load, but I ended going up to 41.0gr with no sign of pressure. I'm a little skeptical of my results, because I think I may have been dealing with a little parallax.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 9
I see potential nodes in the 39-39.5 range and 40+ range.

I agree work the 39+ grain range with smaller increments.

Good Luck,

The 39.0-39.5gr range looks to be the spot. 40.0gr looks like the scatter node to me.

I would recommend shooting a round II with 0.3 gr increments: 38.7, 39.0, 39.3, 39.6. You could also shoot round II with 5 shot groups (20 rounds total), which may help see past fliers or external variables such as wind and yield more concise data. The high shot on the first target for example, if this is a flier, the group could also share the same POI as the 39.0 & 39.5gr group.

Sounds good to me. Thanks Guys!! I am going to move closer to the lands. I was at .010, I have read where people were having good luck kissing the lands with the 162's. I have a few other powder/bullets I would like to try also. I have some 150smk's, and thought about trying some 2000mr..

Last edited: