• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OCW testing on the GAP.

diego-ted

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2011
Diego-Town
Took the GAP Hospitaller out with the new tube for some load development. I was pleased with the first round. Eric, Steve, Where would you go with this? Assuming the one round at 47.5 is a flyer, I think the waterline from 46.5 to 47.5 is good so 47 looks like the load to go with. What do you guys think?

I do like the fact that all loads printed under a dime!

Diego

Yes, the 46.2 would look like a good place to be. Even though the rifle is putting all of these bullets pretty much in the same place, a scatter node will make a larger group than the OCW node does... scatter at 47.8 would point to 47.2 grains.

Great shooting rig! :)

Dan

The node looks to be at 47.2 grains... I'd be a bit wary of shooting that load in a gas operation action. The rounds wouldn't fit in the magazine anyway, it appears. (I'm guessing since we're single feeding in a bolt gun these are pretty long).

Diego, for what it's worth, my GAP CRSADER .308 ate the 185 Juggernaut up with 46.5 2000 mr. Lapua , fgm210m. Can't remember the ogive reading but it was 2.825 to 2.830 coal. They are very forgiving because the bearing surface starts closer towards the tip of the bullet. Plus with their smooth low bearing surface, they fly a little faster with less powder weight. I built a new rifle with a 28 inch Bartlein barrel. With 46.8 2000 mr they are running 2830 and super accurate