• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing OD Cerakote

Phylodog

Hidin since '06
Minuteman
Aug 9, 2006
Arcadia, IN
Got some OD Cerakote in today to play with. I love this stuff...
IMG_3397.jpg

IMG_3401.jpg

IMG_3402.jpg

IMG_3404.jpg

Re: OD Cerakote

You can get Cerakote from NIC Industries. Runs around $48 for 4 ounces delivered or $100/Qt + shipping.

Graham - I stipple the frames with a wood burner. I'll never get rich doing it but it gives me money to buy reloading components and an occasional new rifle!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey, I like that. What did you do to the grip? </div></div>

Click his profile and check out his site!

I'd imagine the stipple was pre-cerakote, and is it the bake on that you did on the frame or air cure?

I use the bake on stuff, I haven't tried the air cure. I'm far too impatient for that! Glock says their frames can withstand 400*F without warping and I bake them at 225*F, haven't had any issues.

Oh yeah, you could probably do three if you set up your airbrush or HVLP correctly.

Wow that glock looks great man!congrats excellent work.

Very cool!! If I still had any plastic pistols in the stable I'd definately have you hook me up!