• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

OD Green AR15

Derrick0188

Private
Minuteman
Aug 3, 2013
Just finished building another AR. This is the 3rd one in the past couple months. It has to be my favorite so far. I focused on cost and weight for this build. Im in around $800 not including the EOTech. It weighs in at 6.5lbs unloaded and without the EOTech. I have not shot it yet, but I expect the same accuracy as all of my AR's.

Specifications are...
Lower - Mag Tactical magnesium alloy lower
LPK - CMMG
Upper - Double Star
Gas Block - Yankee Hill Low Profile
Gas Tube - Yankee Hill Black Plated Carbine Length
BCG - CMMG
Barrel - AR Stoner 1:9 M4 Contour Chrome Lined (got this for a steal)
Rail - Midwest Industries 15"
Stock - Magpul MOE
Grip - Magpul MOE+ Rubber Grip
Magazine - Magpul 30rd
A2 Flash Hider
Tapco Single point sling plate

The guns has been coated in Ultra Flat Tactical OD Green. Let me know what you guys think. Its not as fancy as some of the AR15 I see on here but im pretty proud of it.

arlbr1sm_zps89a0224e.jpg

arlbr3sm_zps8ae935ef.jpg

arlbr2sm_zps499edbfd.jpg

arlbr4sm_zps52f5a328.jpg

Thanks for the kind reply's. Im really happy with how it turned out. Once I started building these AR rifles its like an addiction. I cant stop. They truly are Barbies for men lol

Here is another AR15 I built for varmint purposes. I mounted a Simmons 4x12 scope on top and a LED light on the side. Surprisingly this gun doesnt feel very heavy despite the additions. I went with Simmons as a budget scope. They are affordable, reliable, and have crystal clear glass.

Specifications on this one are

Lower - Anderson
LPK - DPMS
Upper - DPMS
Gas Block - DPMS
Gas Tube - Yankee Hill
BCG - DPMS
Barrel - AR Stoner 1:9 M4 Contour Chrome Lined
Rail - Magpul MOE Carbine
Stock - Magpul MOE
Grip - Magpul MIAD
Magazine - Magpul 30rd
A2 Flash Hider
Tapco Single point sling plate
Scope - Simmons 4x12
Mounts - Nikon P Series

VarmintARsm_zps75f9817b.jpg

Some nice looking rifles there. I want to get/build my first ar as soon as I can and can't decide if I want black furniture and OD green metal (like your first one), black metal and od green furniture (like second one), all black, or maybe black metal and fde/coyote furniture. lol.

Nice build. What light do you have there at 3 o'clock?

I cant think of the exact brand off hand, but I bought it at walmart in sporting goods. It cost around $40, so I didnt mind trying it out. Its actually brighter than my $120 streamlight I have mounted on another AR15. It also has a strobe function that I really like. I usually stay away from Walmart gun parts but I figured for $40 it was worth a shot and hey... I got lucky :) It mounts solid and I cant seem to find any faults in it. Easily shines out to 100 yards and makes spotting critters in the dark much easier.

Some nice looking rifles there. I want to get/build my first ar as soon as I can and can't decide if I want black furniture and OD green metal (like your first one), black metal and od green furniture (like second one), all black, or maybe black metal and fde/coyote furniture. lol.

My first AR build is black metal with FDE furniture. To be honest, im not that fond of it. Everybody and their grandmother is going through a FDE phase.

My first AR build is black metal with FDE furniture. To be honest, im not that fond of it. Everybody and their grandmother is going through a FDE phase.

Hahaha. The only reason I'd go with FDE is that its much more of a contrast and I don't own anything thats tan(all my stuff is black or OD) so I'd probably just stay with black or od.

Who did the coating? Ceracoat?

Its not Ceracoat. I used Duracoat. I wish I had the proper equipment to use Ceracoat since its more durable but I dont. From my experience with Duracoat ive found it to be decently durable. The only problem ive ever had with duracoat is when using a strong chemical bore cleaner, it ate the duracoat where the cleaner touched. This is probably my 5th or 6th duracoat job and they are all holding up extremely well even under heavy use.

I have done a couple Duracoat jobs myself and they are holding up very well over time and elements.