• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Odd remarks from a friend

Smoov82

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 5, 2018
Villa Grove IL
Rewatching one of Ryan Cleckner videos. Shared it with a friend who is in mid 20’s. Way younger than me. He just went deep into gun hobby year or so ago. Shared video with friend saying his ex sniper using a piece of wood for a cheek riser. To me shows how he survived in real world problems and a simple man. Much respect for Cleckner.

Kid responds with:
FUDDS do some weird shit bro.
Boomers with guns.
FUDD move bolting piece of wood to stock.
Who does that other than boomers.
Probably type who carry’s a 1911 because he doesn’t trust tupperware plastic guns.
Guns aren’t something I cheap out on.

I was kinda lost for words haha. Not sure if he even watched the vid.

Am I just old and out of touch on this one? Haha

Attachments

• AB717324-DEA0-4F7E-A0AA-A49F122D3ECA.png
    AB717324-DEA0-4F7E-A0AA-A49F122D3ECA.png
    873 KB · Views: 66
He probably just learned the word Fudd and wants to be cool…. Seems he still has a lot to learn.

Edit: just watched it myself; that’s a great video. You can tell he’s just speaking naturally as he works while speaking. He doesn’t have to remember a script because this as familiar as breathing for him.

Last edited:
it's never a problem till they wrap your friends house in police tape do not cross .even friends of crazy people can be in the line of fire if they snap something to think about just before you head off to bed .

In this situation, a piece of wood nailed into stock as a cheek riser ignorant or acceptable?

In this situation, a piece of wood nailed into stock as a cheek riser ignorant or acceptable?

Anything that helps you be more effective in the real world counts.
When it's the best you can do right then, acceptable.. fer sure.

Way back in the m40 days, people built cheek pieces of sleeping pad and duct tape. Could get pulled off on a stalk, and something more solid was preferred. Formed wood, screwed on, why not.

In m40a1 days, cheek pieces were made from auto bondo, leather glued on, sleeping pad n duct tape, anything that crossed the user's mind. I saw one made of stacked pvc pipe and marine-tex epoxy, screwed into a mcmillan stock, still functional after 20 years.

Adding wood, to a wood stock "WAS" a common practice by gunsmiths and mil armorers back when. Definitely not a new idea. What's old is new again.

Best to you.

In the video he even mentions the sleeping pad foam and tape. To me it's amazing how you, him, and many others did what they had to with very little to survive in the real world. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: j-huskey
How does this kid shoot?

I've never looked down on someone that can run a stock savage or psa like a boss.

I have, however, scoffed at guys that can't hit shit with their AI/SB combo.

Post up pics of the friend’s rifle(s)…

That’s a Cabot.
Yup.

And a holster from Andrew’s Custom back home in FL. Waited almost as long for the holster and mag pouch as I did for the pistol. Ditto on the Challis grips for that matter…

i-w27jxt4.jpg

I’m ruined for any other handgun now…. Guess I’m officially a Fudd! LoL

Last edited:
There was this movie, "my cousin vinnie" or something like that. Was pretty bad. Not cool...
There is a thread here.

Rewatching one of Ryan Cleckner videos. Shared it with a friend who is in mid 20’s. Way younger than me. He just went deep into gun hobby year or so ago. Shared video with friend saying his ex sniper using a piece of wood for a cheek riser. To me shows how he survived in real world problems and a simple man. Much respect for Cleckner.

Kid responds with:
FUDDS do some weird shit bro.
Boomers with guns.
FUDD move bolting piece of wood to stock.
Who does that other than boomers.
Probably type who carry’s a 1911 because he doesn’t trust tupperware plastic guns.
Guns aren’t something I cheap out on.

I was kinda lost for words haha. Not sure if he even watched the vid.

Am I just old and out of touch on this one? Haha

love it

Yup.

And a holster from Andrew’s Custom back home in FL. Waited almost as long for the holster and mag pouch as I did for the pistol.

i-w27jxt4.jpg
Looks like stingray

The first time I heard the term "Fudd" way back when, I worked at a large municipal range. The person was attempting make snide remarks about someone else's choice of rifle. The person who said it I remember well, he was fairly regular customer. He was in his early 20s, about 5ft 2in tall, almost as wide by half. Near as close to circle shaped as a human can be. He'd just got done proudly showing me his 50 yard target, which had he fired it with I don't know, a slingshot maybe? , it would have been impressive. When he called the guy a Fudd, I thought to myself "yeah, because you're a fucking Navy Seal". Walking back and forth to the 50 yard line nearly killed you. (Half way there, you've got the seal part down, no wait that's a walrus.) :D

Since then by default, when I hear it or read it, I see his face, associate the two and discount anything they have to say.

As for "Boomers", I shoot USPSA with a couple youngsters who like to try to use it as an insult. I've explained to them that one, it's not all that insulting, and two, all they're doing as making themselves look stupid trying to apply it to all the wrong people.

no.jpeg

Last edited:
What can I say.

I was that guy for a long time. I blew my budget on guns and didn't have the time or budget left to actually learn how to shoot. What if someone breaks into my submarine in the middle of the night? I better pick up the cadillac of harpoon guns, just in case. What do I do if I find myself in a shootout while locked inside of a mini cooper. Better get that honey badger/MPX/whatever. If the cartels run through my neighborhood in lightly armored vehicles? Anzio 20mm. Problem solved.

Yes, I'm insecure about my weiner, but I'm coming to terms with that.

Life's too short for that crap. Run what you have and run it hard. Now I'm just excited to wear my shit out.