• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Odd thread adapter?

rifleman0321

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2004
midwest/USA
If a guy wants to put a thread-on 1/2x28 can on a 5/8x24 barrel, is there someone making a thread adapter for that? I have a buddy looking for one, and all we have found are adapters to put a 5/8x24 can on a 1/2x28 barrel. He has a thread-on can that he uses on AR's, .22's, and 9mm. It is threaded 1/2x28, and he wants to try it out on a .308 that is threaded 5/8x24. He's not super concerned about extreme accuracy with the system, he just wants to be able to use the same can on as many different platforms as possible.

Re: Odd thread adapter?

I would make sure that the suppressor can withstand that extra pressure before I looked into it too in depth. Other than that, I'm afraid I'm useless on your original subject. lol

Re: Odd thread adapter?

The can is a welded stainless can designed for, as the manufacturer put it, "any round small enough to fit the bullet through the hole in the end". He specifically stated that .30-06 was not a problem. I know you could beat a thickheaded man to death with it and not leave a mark on it. Heavy, but a real SHTF,zombie-proof piece of gear, that one.
grin.gif