• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Odessa FV"200yd" F-Class August 6th

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
Our next match will be this Saturday the 6th. Registration begins at 10:00 AM. Also, we will shooting a bit beyond our normal distance of 200yds. Most will need only to come up one or two in elevation.
wink.gif

Regards,

Scott

Re: Odessa FV"200yd" F-Class August 6th

Sadly, I'll be missing another one. If the weather cooperates, I'll be in a hot air ballon at the balloon fest in Binghamton.

Good shooting guys!
Steve

A hot air balloon?!!?
sick.gif

Hey....if you take your <span style="font-style: italic">gear</span> with you, you`ll need an angle cosine indicator
wink.gif

I'll be there but I'm throwing in the towel as far as competing against the rest of the pack. It's time to concede that maybe my prone position is never, ever going to be competitive anymore; simply shoot the course from the bench, and disqualify myself.

Honestly considered, disqualifying myself is effectively no different from my usual performance, dead last, anyway. But this way, I can avoid the discomfort that the prone always brings.

If someone else would share my approach, maybe I could have somebody to compete with after all. I figure if I take the first step...

Greg

I'll be there, I just need the address for I don't see the Odessa Community Conservation Club listed on google maps or google search thanks, Dan

Greg, At least half the guys at the Springwater match shoot from the bench, they put them in a different catagory. Shoot from the bench, be comfortable.

Scott, I don't think we'll be drifing that far west. Besides, I'd have to fire fast to get 40 rounds in before drifting past the targets!

It was a Christmas present from my Mom. Her, my wife, and I are all going. Should be interesting - I don't like ladders or roofs, but planes and helicopters never bothered me. I hope I'm not like a cat on a screen door the whole time!

Greg, you've stated many times that the purpose here is to hone our skills. No reason you can't do that from the bench if prone is no longer comfortable. One of these weeks we'll have to both be there the same weekend - I haven't seen you in person this year yet.

That's enlightening, and a bit of a relief too. I just didn't know how it might be received at Odessa, as I am not personally familiar with things at Springwater (That's something I need to change, too.)

Thanks, guys.

Greg

Daniel308,

E-mail coming to you in a minute...

Regards,

Scott

Todd,

Odessa is September 3rd

(Springwater is August 28th)

Regards,

Scott

Thanks Scott. I'll be home on vacation for a bit and with any luck can swing over that way!

Todd

Thanks Scott, I got the email and have my map printed out. I'm planning on coming through Watkins Glenn. I don't see any races scheduled for Saturday so traffic shouldn't be a problem. If there is something big going on in Watkins please let me know and I'll have to go around. Thanks again. Dan

Dan,

The Italian Festival is this weekend. (Clute Park on 4th street)
Next week is Nascar...a certifiable train wreck, traffic-wise. The F-16 flyover prior to "gentlemen, start your engines!" takes them nearly right over my place. I enjoy that, but little else.

In order to arrive for registration at 10:00 AM, you will miss the worst that we see for the festival.

Regards,

Scott

Car is in the shop again, front brakes. Maybe it'll be simple, maybe it won't.

Just sayin...

I'll be digging a 12'X 12'X 8' deep hole in my yard for my root cellar. The excavator is coming sat. morning. My family calls it the bunker. I call it a root cellar.