• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Odessa FV 200yd F-Class July 19th

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
And now for something a bit closer to most of us....
grin.gif

We shoot this Sunday the 19th.

Registration begins at 10:00 AM

I`ll have 2 rifles and ammo available to loan for a new shooter.

I got a nice thank you note today from Jade, my friends 13 year old neice that used my Savage .223 Remington at our last match.

That made my whole day considerably brighter.
smile.gif

Regards,

Scott

Re: Odessa FV 200yd F-Class July 19th

Scott,

I will miss this one. Off to Ohio for a family reunion, the local club there is holding a 600 yard F-class match, only a couple of miles from the farm Saturday morning. I hope to make the next one with you guys.

Scott/Greg; Doug, Jim and myself have been invited up to the Adirondacks for a little three day vacation, fishing, kayaking/canoeing lots of BBQ + beer. We should make the first match in August. Kasumi

Im going to try to get up there and check out the match. Probably won't be shooting,but would like to meet everyone and see what equipment is being used...
I live just below Odessa in Lockwood....where do I go from Alpine Junction?

Not going to be able to make this weekend. But, I have Aug 1st pretty well blocked out on my calendar.

I'm doing the online training here. Most of my practice has been with my .22lr. I'm curious to see if I've made any improvements on the .308. But, I might like to have someone take a few shots thru my rifle to get a confirmation that it is capable of shooting better than I can drive it. I suspect very STRONGLY that it is. But, I don't shoot well enough, or consistent enough, with it to know for certain that the problem is me and not the rifle. My shooting with the 22 has improved a lot over the last few weeks. I'm hoping to see that tranlate to the 308, too. If it does, then maybe this won't be an issue. Is there time after the match for some of this? And a willing shooter? I'll be bringing an open mind and hoping to learn, too.

Alas I won't be able to make it either, I'll be up in Fort Drum for weapons Qual then spending all of next week in Syracuse for training for my new job with Brinks as an armored car messenger. getting a BO thruster muzzle brake installed on my AR by Hart Barrels while I'm in the area.

Continue East from Alpine on Rt 228, turning right onto Rt 224 North (Mecklenburg Rd), then look for first driveway on left and Community Conservation Club Inc sign. Cross bridge, park.

Greg

From Lockwood...

Get on Rt224 in Van Etten and go north. Honk as you go thru Spencer!

At Alpine Junction continue on thru. (Wait for the green light)
whistle.gif

Odessa is but a few miles further....

As the village comes into view, look for the Rt228 sign. That`ll be your right hand turn.

300 feet further on the left is our driveway entrance. We share it with Geo. Tanner. We are all the way in back across the little bridge.

PM me if you would like my cell number...just in case.

Scott

If you go under the railway overpass, you went too far on Rt 224.

Home OK; had a great day. Thanks everybody.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Home OK; had a great day. Thanks everybody.

Greg</div></div>

I also had a great time! Met some new shooters and I believe "friends". There are some good shooters around here and am looking forward to shooting the next one.