• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Odessa FV 200yd F-Class July 4th/5th

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
Our first match for the month of July will be a 2-day affair so that those that have commitments on the 4th of July can come and shoot with us on the 5th as well. There some sort of racing going on at the track, but that crowd will still be in their seats long after we finish our match and head for home.
wink.gif

Registration for both days is at 10:00 AM, and the first round downrange will be at 11:00 AM. (We typically finish by 1:00/1:30 PM)

I have at least one rifle to loan out should someone need one, a 700V in 308Win. Ammo too!

Thanks!

Re: Odessa FV 200yd F-Class July 4th/5th

If anyone going to the match has a chrono and would be willing to bring it along and let me put some of my handloads through it to get a reading for velocity I would greatly appreciate it. I figure if I can get an average velocity coupled with all the other known parameters I should be able to get a pretty decent bullet drop chart made up.

Re: July 4th

Who's planning on the 4th? Most of the Rochester guys have plans for the weekend, I'm most likely going to make the match, maybe Jeff from Springwater too.

I'll be there the fourth, planning on doing the fifth as well, depending on everyone else I guess, figure I might as well get as much shooting in as I can while I'm in the area.

I'll be there the 4th, I am obliged to be at the meeting anyway. Plans include tailgating the Indy race on the 5th, but I may show Sunday at the Club, depending on weather, the worse the weather Sunday, the better the chance I'll be at the club.

Sorry I can't make this one (or two);family obligations. Have fun, boys.

Go Team Rochester (aka: Clint).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USSR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be there. Look out T/R shooters.
wink.gif

Don </div></div>

Good deal, the more people the more fun to be had, 189 13V last time out is some good shooting Don, see if you can get in the 190's.

K.Mussack, what are you running thru the GAP, handloads or FGMM? What model do you have, Crusader, Rock, base? I'll be watching to see what I can learn from you. 191 20V is some damn good shooting.

What better way to start out the 4th of July, I plan on closing the day with a little BBQ & Beer. See you all Sat.

My plans no longer permit me to show up either day. Dang.

Holidays and family needs be take precedence over shooting fun.

Happy to report, however, that my 10 year old grandson Patick came out to the range with Celia and me last Sunday (Saturday?) and shot my accurized 10/22 off the bench with improvised support.

Scored 50/50-10V on the FV200 target at 50yd, and 49/50-9V on the PalmaV200 target at 100yd. Both instances were his first time ever with .22LR, and first times ever at the two distances.

Celia and I scored, dated, annotated, and signed the targets; and I just finished framing them for him yesterday.

Wish somebody had done something like that for me when I was a kid. Technically, the framed and etc., targets constitute proof adequate to help earn him the Rifle Shooting Merit Badge when he gets old enough to apply for it.

Greg

I'll be there just the first day, will be bringing the GF with me :) it'll be her first real exposure to guns and the like. she has o work sunday morning so we'll be heading back later saturday. Should still be a great time though.