• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Odessa FV-200yd F-Class June 6

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
Our next match will be this Saturday, the 6th. Registration will begin at 10:00 AM. Late arrivals are most welcome. I`ll stay all day if need be
whistle.gif

Again, we follow the F-Class format...

Two seperate relays firing 20 rounds for score, including sighter rounds.

Relays are 33 minutes each, and includes 3 minutes prep time.

Muzzle brakes are OK (This is a <span style="font-style: italic">club </span> match, not a sanctined NRA match.)

There are no pits...so no pit duty. We simply staple up the targets, walk back and begin the prep time for each relay.

It`s a good intro to "F-Class" for those that have never shot one. If you want, think of it as a warm-up to the real thing should you be thinking of going to the Reade Range in Pa.(MikeR) , or upstate to the Forbe`s Range near Albany.

Match fee is $10

No awards or prizes.

We generally finish up no later than 1:00 PM...and that`s on a slow day.
wink.gif

Thanks!

Scott

Re: Odessa FV-200yd F-Class June 6

Come one, come all, and watch me get my butt whupped one more time... Obviously I'm not there for the adulation of the madding crowd. If I'm going to goof (or not) it's a good a place, better'n most, to try things out and see if I can get my act a little more together.

The challenge keeps my motor ticking over, and it's Grampy's Day Out, with the added advantage of personable company. The group is small and easy going, and there's none of the usual match crowd pressure and stress.

Folks, if you've been wondering, it's a great way to try your hand at competition, and to learn many of the routines associated with F Class, without the longer trek and added physical demands of pit duty. The atmosphere is one of helping, with several NRA cerified instructors onhand, a decent range facility, and a very agreeable atmosphere. We do things when we're ready to do things, each and all.

We even have a clubhouse and flush johns, in case you were wondering.

I have it on good authority that the club leadership takes a cheerful view of these procedings, and wants to see this program grow and expand.

Help us make it so.

Greg

Rochester NY checking in, myself, Doug, Jim and his son Geoff are coming. Looking forward to it, Jim has a new Savage .223 to try out, Doug is using FGMM this time and will improve his score by 40-50, just my best guess.

I'll be bringing the GAP for its second outing. See you all 10am w/ doughnuts.

Weather report much improved; partly cloudy, temps passing through 70 degrees, winds from the left forecast at 6-9mph. Piece of cake.

Greg

The Odessa F-class is a blast (no pun intended), and the guys there are great hosts. Let's go Rochester !

More, more, more, bring more... (Jack Lemmon, <span style="font-style: italic">The Great Race</span>)