• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Odessa FV 200yd F-Class match August 1st

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
We will be enjoying the next match this Saturday, August 1st.

Registration begins at 10:00 AM and the first round downrange should begin at 11:00 AM.

This is a non-sanctioned F-Class match, designed to provide the new shooter that would like to shoot one first...then attend a sanctioned match in order to see what is involved. Of course, we shoot at the "point-blank" distance of 200 yards. When you go to your first 1K F-Class match, there tends to be a bit more to absorb, but at least we can provide you with the fundamentals...gun safety, COF, and actually shooting with others next to you trying to the same thing. It gets a bit loud, trying to squeeze your shot, whilst others are doing the same thing.
crazy.gif

Not to worry, when your done with your 40 rounds for score (plus sighters), you`ll have the general idea.

The atmosphere is relaxed, it`s a <span style="font-style: italic">club match </span>, it`s not the Regional Championships. So relax and enjoy a few hours shooting with us.

I will have a couple of rifles and ammo to loan out for a <span style="text-decoration: underline">new </span> shooter or two. (.223 Rem./308 Win.)

"Point-blank 200yds" Yea, right....
wink.gif

Thanks!

Scott

Re: Odessa FV 200yd F-Class match August 1st

I'll be there! Finally going to be able to make it this weekend.

The big question now will be if I can make the whole 40+ rounds. I bruised my collar bone practicing last Sat. It held up fine for a few rounds of skeet tonight so we'll see how it holds up on Sat. Worst case - I get to meet everyone and see what is going on.

I'll be there! No cannon this time, just a .223. Can you sign me up for the first string? I have to be back for a wedding in the afternoon.

I typically bring a rifle that's very close to zeroed, and 50 rounds, to accomodate sighters as well. First timers might do better to bring 60. If your rifle is causing a recoil issue, look into a Limbsaver slip-on recoil pad. These pads are normally in stock in the Sporting Goods department of WallMart.

I use them on all my rifles and shotguns above .260 Rem caliber. They add LOP, which I need, but they also make a butt kicker into something a lot more tolerable. Just be careful about scope eye relief. The pads compress under significant recoil; which eats up eye relief in a hurry, and can add spice to your day.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: W00DY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be there! No cannon this time, just a .223. Can you sign me up for the first string? I have to be back for a wedding in the afternoon. </div></div>

Me too.......taking delivery of a new car at 4pm in Rochester. I have to be on the road by 1pm. I hate to shoot and run, but...I'm going to shoot and run. Coming with Woody, Jim, Geoff, Doug is starting a vacation this weekend. See you all Saturday. Good luck to all, especially Scott chasing that elusive 200. USSR, you too....It's within your reach.

Kasumi,

Got a new load that shows promise, not 200 promise, but 190+ promise. I need to leave early too, so I guess we all need to shoot fast.

Don

Kasumi,

USSR and I practiced last Saturday.

With the number of shooters checking in this time for F-T/R class (based on recent posts), it should be a hotly contested class.

Scott

I'll be there! Didn't have time to work up a "Match load" for my .223. so I'll be using my woodchuck smackers! I have the 3 gongs and the nuts, bolts and washers to hang them with, but no chains.

Scott, you can put me and Howard down for the second relay as we have no place to be and it will give me time for the caffeine and donuts to get out of my system!! Not to mention eating everyone elses lunch while they are shooting on 1st relay!

I may bring my .338 Lapua in case somebody feels the need for trying one out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USSR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kasumi,
Got a new load that shows promise, not 200 promise, but 190+ promise. I need to leave early too, so I guess we all need to shoot fast.
Don </div></div>

Nice...I'll be working the GAP with FGMM 168gr, Previous scores have ranged from 183-187. Even w/factory loads I think I can reach the 190's. As Greg has mentioned, first and formost I'm there to have fun, and learn how to improve my basic skill sets.

I'm betting we'll see about 12-20 on the line this weekend.

Scott I'm loaning Geoff my Rem 700 .223 for the match. I won't bring my Garand and M1A for banging steel afterwards but look forward to it next time. Kasumi

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usmcsniperone</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Scott, you can put me and Howard down for the second relay as we have no place to be and it will give me time for the caffeine and donuts to get out of my system!! <span style="font-weight: bold">Not to mention eating everyone elses lunch while they are shooting on 1st relay!</span>
</div></div>

That alone is enough to make me want to be in the second relay.

Seriously, I'm new at this and have no where to be afterwards, so I'd prefer the second relay, too.

I don't think I'll be adding to the "hotly contested" scores. But, I do hope to learn a few things. And I'm sure it'll be a good time.

I'm good for second relay. I may play with the Garand afterward, too.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm good for second relay. I may play with the Garand afterward, too.

Greg</div></div>

Greg, Got any chain?? I have everything else to hang the steel gongs with. I also loaded up some .338 lapua for onlookers to try if they want.
shocked.gif

One piece, about 2 ft, pretty heavy stuff. I'll bring it. Also some 2" brass rings.

Hi Scotty,
We got back to Roch about 3. Went around the East side of Seneca Lake as the traffic going down the hill was looking bad. Anyway, just a quick report to let you know we are back in town. Clint is off picking up his new car. Thanks again, Jim

Thanks for checking and letting me know you all got home safe...

Scores are done, see above.
wink.gif