• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Odessa FV 200yd F-Class match Sunday the 19th

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
Our next FV 200yd F-Class match is this Sunday the 19th.
Registration begins at 9:00 AM and the first relay begins at 10:00 AM.

$10 to shoot...you`ll need at least 50 rounds of ammo to complete the match. (2 Relays)

Thanks!

Scott

Re: Odessa FV 200yd F-Class match Sunday the 19th

If one can trust the weather projections that far out, it looks like we'll be in for OK conditions. Still haven't gotten the chance to wring out the R700 VLS .223 after the Winter layoff, but I should be able to get that done between now and then. Really looking forward to seeing the gang again.

Greg

Jim checked out my Rem 700 .223 this weekend, I think he'll use that for the next match. I'll loan my Bryant custom to someone else and try the GAP Crusader for myself. I have all of 30 rounds down the tube so far. We'll miss Sunday and try to make the next Saturday match, this weekend we'll be in Syracuse doing the Gun Show.

Saturday we had 20-23mph winds and mirage to deal with. We fired 20-30 rounds to get a little practice at 200yds before coming down to see you all again.

Sorry for the newb question...where is this match? Is it open to the public? Could somebody PM me with info please? I'm a LE in CT, but will be in NY that weekend.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Clicky Linky.

Turn off 224/Main street onto 228/Mecklenberg Rd. See the first driveway on the left? That's us, we're at the end of it, across the bridge. A white/tan sign "Community Conservation Club" marks the field outside the entrance. We share the drive with Tanner Wood Products.

Clicky here to play catch-up.

Weather projections not so great as a few days back, but not to worry. We shoot off a concrete pad with a generous roof, and we have techniques for protecting the targets, too.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our next FV 200yd F-Class match is this Sunday the 19th.

</div></div>

Springwater Rod & Gun starts up its H.P. Matches this month on the 25th. 40 rounds, 10 standing, 10 seated/kneeling 20 prone/slow & rapid. Located in Springwater NY. Check web site for more info. dust off those AR15's, Garands & Carbines. Bolt action catagory too. 1903's

Sorry to have to miss the shoot on the 19th but I'm headed back to Gunsite to let Paris stretch her legs.

when did Springwater start hosting matches? thats my home town and I never remember hearing anything about it. thats cool that they are doing it though.

Greg; Targets are set at 100 yds, using 200,300, 600 yd reduced bullseye.

Semi shoots 10 total, (8+2) mandatory mag change.
Bolt rapid = 4 + 4

I've attended two of these H.P. Match's at S.R. & G. much like yours a great bunch of people, small group about 8. $5 or 10 bucks to compete, scores posted on the bulletin board at club. Low tech, no WWW posting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rero360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">when did Springwater start hosting matches? thats my home town and I never remember hearing anything about it. thats cool that they are doing it though. </div></div>

They started up last Summer 08, check their web site for more info, they are having a match, April 25th, May 16th, June 6th, right on through the Fall. Too bad Odessa and Springwater fall on the same day in June.

I think they did not promote it too much last year, they were learning how to run a match, keep score, time the relays.

Scott & Greg; not wanting to hijack the thread, just thought you guys might want to swing out this way sometime for a HP Match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kmussack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry to have to miss the shoot on the 19th but I'm headed back to Gunsite to let Paris stretch her legs. </div></div>

K,

I just sprayed brewski <span style="font-style: italic">all over my monitor </span>

grin.gif

We used to have 100yd H/P NM matches too, 5 or 6 participants, no sanctions, 4+4. A great, no stress practice match atmosphere. Our guy who ran it stopped. Your matches sound like fun, but I'm not sure I can make it work for me time-wise.

Weather projections have improved for Sunday.

Greg

Weather projections look good enough.

R700 now sorted. Had renewed the barrel pressure pad. Old loads came back into good accuracy, but the new load, which I made a bunch of, is not so accurate anymore. I have enough of the old load for this match, may refloat the barrel afterward and see if the new load gets its accuracy back. Meanwhile, I should be (re-)acquiring the Deuce sometime this coming week. Won't <span style="font-style: italic">that</span> be fun, eh?

C'mon, guys, come to the match and watch me get my butt whipped!

Greg

We had 4 guns today in absolutely beautiful weather.

F/TR

Greg L.
Rem700V .223Rem
No official score...

F/Open

STP
Savage SA 6BRX (24in.)
199-22X

JDASr
BAT 6BRX
DNF (finish) Equipment issues

"Homer" Pete V.
Savage SA 250 Roberts
85-1X (He fired one relay...20rds.)

Given today`s results, posting a 199-22X score for the "win" would have meant more if we had more people today, but I`ll take `em when I can.
wink.gif

Our next match is Saturday May 2nd.

Thanks!

I shot next to Scotty, and I suspect he won't be able to get that grin off his face before at least Wednesday...

I crossfired, hence I DQ'ed myself. Not that my shooting was any good anyway. Woulda been in the 160's somewhere.

In contrast to Scotty, the rest of us all had some sort of problem or another. But looking at his target, even if my game was up to par, I'd have gotten my butt whipped by his shooting. Just this side of phenomenal. One point short of a possible. And I think it's in there, just waiting appear.

My own shooting starts out pretty satisfying, then degrades to something pitiable. I have no doubt the loose nut is myself.

Greg

Have Deuce. Will travel.

To STP's, to use two heads, usually better than one, to examine rifle, optics, dies, etc.

Looks the same as I remember it.

Rifle is a sixties era R700 BDL with heavy factory barrel. Looks like Weaver 2pc bases and rings, scope marked Lyman All American, 1" tube, 40mm-ish objective, fixed, fine wire reticle, no power marked, but seems relatively powerful.

Not even wiping the lenses before I take it to STP. His knowledge of firearms and their provenance is outstanding; and I don't want to do anything that compromises the rifle's contextual relevence.

Greg

PS, In case anyone was wondering, nothing in this package is, or will be, for sale. Ever. This item is a family heirloom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our next FV 200yd F-Class match is this Sunday the 19th.
Registration begins at 9:00 AM and the first relay begins at 10:00 AM.

$10 to shoot...you`ll need at least 50 rounds of ammo to complete the match. (2 Relays)
Thanks!
Scott

</div></div>
Scott; Are you running one this weekend? If so what time? Clint

Yessireee
laugh.gif

We will shoot this Saturday after the club meeting.

Plan on 10:00ish.

Scott

Re: Odessa FV 200yd F-Class match SAT May 2nd

Great, see you Saturday with a few new shooters. Jim is itching to try out my Rem 700VS .223.

I'll be there too, barring the emergence of Armageddon...

Weather looks to be cooperating, too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be there too, barring the emergence of Armageddon...

Weather looks to be cooperating, too. </div></div>

Or the emergence of Swine flu;
Scott, FYI 5 from Rochester, (2) shooting .223, (2) shooting .308 and one 300WM. 4 have never shot F-Class before and I have all of one match under my belt. Yikes! Scott you've got a boatload of newbies. You can put us all on one relay and keep a eye on us.

Ready on the right...

Ready on the left...

All ready on the firing line!

laugh.gif

Scott: I'm coming down to "The Glen" with Kasumi & gang, and I'm looking forward to my first F-class meet. Thanks for having us, and we'll bring 'ya a bunch of bagels.

Falconer,

We look forward to you shooting with us. I`m sure you`ll enjoy it.

Scott