• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Odessa FV 200yd F-Class Sept. 5th

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
Our next match is this Saturday the 5th.

Registration begins at 10:00 AM.

Our matches are designed for the new shooter that wants to shoot the F-Class format in a low-key local club atmoshere. We follow the division of classes (F-T/R and F-Open) yet allow coaching through the entire match. Many of the old guard from the Prone League show up to stay in tune, so to speak.

It seems to be working
whistle.gif

We see the entire gamut of rifles and scopes too. From the .17 Ackley Hornet to the .338 Lapua Magnum, to the Tasco`s to the S&B PMII`s.

No perfect scores yet either...sheesh!!

Scott

Re: Odessa FV 200yd F-Class Sept. 5th

I plan on being there! Looks like it is going to be a nice day as far as weather goes.

Looking forward to it; Jim, Doug, Jeff and myself are all coming. Perhaps Jim's son Geoff too. I'll loan him my Rem700 if he can make it. See you all Saturday.

Be there...

Did some ladder testing today, met a guy name Lee Moescher. Elder. Said he helped lay the cinder blocks. Invited him to Saturday.

Kasumi,

Geoff can use my Savage 223!

Besides, we want to watch you post a 200 score.
wink.gif

Scott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: STP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kasumi,
Geoff can use my Savage 223!
Besides, we want to watch you post a 200 score.
wink.gif

Scott </div></div>

Scott; Someone will do it one day, I think it will be you, JDA Jr. or KMussack. But I will certainly do my best to have fun and find the X ring, or in our case the V. I was more than happy to score 195 25v last time out, now the interesting part will be to do it again or improve on it.

I'll be there STP. I also want to see Kasumi post a 200 score (I understand that he has perfected the rare, secret kung-fu prone position).

What time are you leaving the roc? Maybe i can follow you the way down.

Falconer,

I`ve often wondered if the <span style="font-style: italic">sword </span> and the F-T/R rifle activity could be melded as one...
grin.gif

fuzzytek,

Just in case you need it...

Go to Google maps, and enter Odessa NY 14869.

(My attempt to hotlink did not work)

From Rt224, turn left on Rt228. Then, turn left at the first driveway on the left. We are in the back, across the small bridge.

PM me if you need my cell number, just in case.

Scott

Thanks STP. I found out at 8 that I already have plans for Saturday. She could have told me earlier. I try for the next one.

Scott,

Just to clarify - reg at 10, shoot at 11? I don't want to mess up like last time.

Thanks,
Steve

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fuzzytek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks STP. I found out at 8 that I already have plans for Saturday. She could have told me earlier. I try for the next one. </div></div>

Fuzzytek; We get together and shoot once a week here in Rochester, either at GCL or Rochester Brooks Club. Sometimes a little lunch prior to shooting or a pint after.

Look forward to seeing you all on the line tomorrow. Falconer, you are right about that, I have been practicing my Gun-Fu.

Kasumi - I thought you said you we're the Founder of GAP-do-wu-fu ? And did'nt you tell me you practice f-class blindfolded ?

Fuzzytek -feel free to PM myself or Kasumi if you want to get together here in town.

So far the weather looks like it will be outstanding. I'll be there and will bring my wife too as she is showing interest in giving it a try too.

First timers for us so time will tell on how well things pan out.

See you there.

Todd

In the cross between kung-fu and F-Class, do we end up with a precision rifle with a bayonet on the end? Could be interesting!

I am tired of trolling for last place with the M700 .223. Dusting off the Ghost dancer .260. Maybe that'll yield something over 170pt for a change...

Ammo made, bore foam is soaking now. Gonna try my trusty HDY 95 V-Max varmint load. 3200fps-ish.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the cross between kung-fu and F-Class, do we end up with a precision rifle with a bayonet on the end? Could be interesting! </div></div>

I just hope no one is bothered by my Kung-Fu scream prior to each shot. You know.....that Bruce Lee whaaaaaa-BANG !

Well, minor setback today while trying out new loads and I am not happy by any means. Some of the problem is "me" and the rest is the lack of time to work up a good load combo.

So as of right now I am on the fence on shooting tomorrow. Maybe I'll give it a good cleaning, think it over and then make a decision. I've got 80 rounds loaded which would be enough to get be thru a miserable day at the range. Or I roll thru these 80, reload next week or so and hope for better results on the next combo.

Todd

Todd; Good results are always preferred, but…half the fun is hanging out with all the people that show up at the match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kasumi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sled</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the cross between kung-fu and F-Class, do we end up with a precision rifle with a bayonet on the end? Could be interesting! </div></div>

I just hope no one is bothered by my Kung-Fu scream prior to each shot. You know.....that Bruce Lee whaaaaaa-BANG !</div></div>

If that works I might just have to try it!

Todd,

I go there to practice and learn. I wouldn't let imperfect loads stop you. I haven't quite loaded my own yet, so I'm using 168gr from Georgia Arms.

The shoot is 40 rounds for score, plus all the sighters you want. 80 rounds for the two of you doesn't give you any sighters. Might want to load a handful more for sighters. I could give you a handful of mine (and I'll bring some extra) but I'm not sure it'll help that much.

Hope to meet you there.

OK guys, I'll more then likely be there. I've been shooting factory loads and just hand loaded my first batch but haven't had time to work up any other combo's. A busy week with traveling and limited time to "play" has me lagging a bit further behind than I was expecting.

I still have a box of FGMM 168's and 4 boxes of Remington Premium Match 168's. Plus the 80 hand loads which are loaded on Federal brass, 45gr Varget, 168 SMK, CCI primers with a 2.80" OAL. Need time to work with powder next.