• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Odessa FV F-Class match May 17th

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
We will have the next match this Sunday, the 17th.

We`ll start registration at 10:00 AM. (A bit later this time)

Thanks!

Scott

Re: Odessa FV F-Class match May 17th

Cool. At this point the day is open for me, and I'll try to keep it that way.

It'll be my first time at this range and first time in this type of shoot. Do I need to come early, or is there time to get things figured out at the normal registration time?

Anything I need to bring besides rifle, ammo, and shooting mat?

Thanks!

sled,

No worries...K?

I`ll be there early should you want to arrive before 10:00 AM, and show you around and explain things. We strive to keep things "low-key" so you understand the COF and the fact that there is plenty of time to shoot the 40 rounds for score. The "timed" relays seem to cause some pre-shoot concerns...and anyone that has shot our match will tell you that you have plenty of time. So don`t fret your first time thru.
wink.gif

Again, we do this so that those of us that shot in the Bodine`s Full Bore League at the Williamsport club can <span style="font-style: italic">continue in the same F-Class format </span> but as your Match Director, I allow coaching for all shooters. It`s also an opportunity for those that have never shot F-Class a place to do so. But, this just a "club match", so the scores are merely bragging rights. We award no prizes...just a hearty pat on the back to those that score well.

And believe me, our MOA correct target @ 200yds is not necessarily a slam-dunk.
whistle.gif

Another plus to consider...

Our repeat shooters that travel from as far away as Buffalo and Rochester (Rhino too, from the Albany area) are good people.
cool.gif

I will also have a A5 stocked Savage SA in .223Remington as a "loaner" available. (It`s "promised" to a Junior shooter if he shows this time)

Edit to add- If you need additional gear, I`ll get it from the trunk of my car....or someone else`s.

That`s probably too much info...
grin.gif

HTH

Regards,

Scott

FYI, the match format does not involve any pit service, we post targets, shoot the COF, and retrieve/replace targets.

The part about the target being no slam dunk is accurate. But don't let that (or anything else) discourage you. Mostly we have fun, and we get to see some fine shooting too.

If you haven't been to one, you're missing a pretty good time.

Greg

Here are today`s results...

F-Open

JDA Jr. 194-21V
JDA Sr. 193-18V
STP 190-15V
Greg L. 159-4V

F-TR

K. Mussack 175-11V

We had some stiff Northwesterly wind today. Coulda been warmer...this is May, right? Sheesh!!

There were <span style="font-weight: bold">three </span> 6BRX`s on the line today, one .308 Win., and a .223 Remington. I knew a PS wasn`t in the cards today. Come to think of it, today`s conditions was very similar to shooting at 1K...like we used to do.
wink.gif

Thanks!

Scott

Sorry I missed it! Getting some work done on the house, and some last minute schedule changes forced me to be around here on Sunday.

I'll keep watching for the next match in June!

Re: Imitation

They say Imitation is the Best form of Flattery; The Springwater Rod & Gun club are starting their F-Class style match this Saturday too. We'll lose Jeff this week at Odessa as he helped in getting it organized. He must have loved the Odessa format!

Now even though Sprinwater is half the distance and time to get to, the rest of us are coming back to Odessa for this Saturday's/6th match.

One day this Summer I'd like to get everyone in the area together for a match.

I can hear Scott now; Shooters on the left are you ready? On the right?

3-4 coming from Rochester again.

Doug put a hurting on me this past Saturday in a 1 on 1 match 20 rounds 200yds at GCL. I'm looking for a re-match.

Re: Imitation

Yeah, well, if you bring the GAP I'll have to sabotage your ammo with donut filling (we're bringing donuts this time, STP).

Can't wait.