• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Odessa FV200yd F-Class August 22nd

STP

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2002
Watkins Glen, NY
Our next match will be Sunday August 22nd. Registration begins at 10:00 AM. Match fee is $10

Thanks!

Scott

Re: Odessa FV200yd F-Class August 22nd

Rifle is ready, and ammo is loaded! I should be back from Santa Fe by Friday night.... but we all know how air travel is these days. It wouldn't be the first time I spent hours upon hours in some airport, or got put up in a hotel.

On a side note - I tried testing the tracking of my scope. I'm trying to do it with a yard stick at 100 yards. It seems to be perfect dialing up from 0 to 7.5 MILs. (I put markers on the yard stick at 9, 18, and 27 inches.) But, when I get to 10 MIL, it seems to be off by 0.3 MIL. I've never tried this before, so I'm not ruling out that I'm doing something wrong.

If I could get some help with checking that after the match, I'd really appreciate it. If I should bring anything besides a level and a yard stick, let me know and I'll try to make sure I can bring it.

I just want to be sure that I am not doing something wrong when I check this. If I am, it would just create a never ending loop of scopes going back to the manufacturer since the problem is me not the scope. But, if I am doing it right, and the scope does have an issue, then I can send it back with confidence.

I will be bringing .22LR RFV, etc (this will include RFV-Palma targets for those with iron sight rimfires.) targets. There will not be any attempt to run any particular COF. This will be strictly for after-match familiarization and consensus on target designs. If folks wish to try them with their .22LR's, I'm fine with that; after the match.

They will not be brought out until after the match, and questions will be dealt with then, or here. I mean it when I say I don't want this stuff to interfere with the match in any way.

Greg

I should be there barring any major emergency.I think i figured out whats wrong with the 700, but going to run the SR25 till i know for sure.

It was questionable for a while yesterday, but I made it out of Santa Fe and back to NY. I'll be all set for Sunday. See you guys then!

Celia tells me I'm staying home tomorrow. Sigh...

The entire grounds are mowed nice and short. I will arrive early to get targets on the backers and determine if they need to be weatherized...forecast calls for plenty of "variables"
whistle.gif

I am reminded of my Wife's wisdom daily. I do not envy those of you who were more stalwart than I. Weather here in Dundee has been bad enough for my newly mended roof to leak (I still have some detail/flashing work to do and that should fix it.), and my Daughter to have a tree down in her dooryard, 1/2 block from my house.

Greg

Greg - the sun was shining on me today! I may have finally found some solutions to some of my issues. Maybe I can start contending for the higher end of scores? I still need a lot of work to get there, but I made some big improvements since the last match.

Too bad about your roof. Our basement usually gets water when it rains this hard, and I was surprised it was still dry when I got home.

Great news.

Maybe I can get this rimfire thing off the ground and figure out whether my score problems are related to marksmanship or to ammunition.

The roof issue is simply a transitional problem, I need to get back up there and finish the flashing. Been waiting for the heat to drop back down.

Greg