• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Odessa FV200yd F-Class Dec. 20th

Re: Odessa FV200yd F-Class Dec. 20th

Startup in Saratoga is not going quite to the plan. I'll find out tomorrow if I'm going home tomorrow or working thru till Monday. I'm hoping (and I think it will be the case) that I'll be going home tomorrow. But this week has been full of suprises.....

My current forecast now shows a temp of 18 and a wind velocity of 11MPH at 10AM. That coverts to a wind chill of around 5 degrees. Later, when things are at their peak, it'll still be down around 15.

Celia has openly voiced doubts about my sanity.

I'm bailing out.

Greg

Sanity? When has that ever lead to having fun?

I'm back from Saratoga, so that's a good start. And, I've got a notice that there is a package at the post office for me. With luck, it's a new scope!

If you lack glass for your Remington, my 6BRX is ready for you to use. Feel free to shoot a perfect 200 score with it this time...

Seeing as how Jared managed to do so well with the A5 Savage 223 Remington last time, I`ll be happy to use it this time.

Will dig out the early 70`s vintage Arctic Cat snowmoblie clothing for tomorrow`s wind chill...
eek.gif

Scott

Well, I have glass. At best, I'll be able to bore sight it before tomorrow.

Bigger problem - I heat with a wood boiler. User error in my absence has left it pretty much dead. I've got to wait for it to burn out the fire I tried to start, then I have one more chance at fixing the gasket tonight. If this fails, I'm back to burning oil....

I'll post a go/no-go before the end of the night. I'm pretty disgusted at this point.

sled, good thing you got bad luck or you wouldn"t have any luck at all. stuff like that never goes bad unless its colder than cold. good thing we've got global warming

STP I'll put off my final decision till the am , send a pm or post on here. no sense of two of us shooting, especially in this weather

John, you aren't kidding. This one was preventable. But, it would have required paying attention to instructions....

Sled,

No worries if you can`t make it...we can shoot <span style="font-style: italic">next </span> Sunday too, unless you have a house full of company.

I have alot of flexibility in that regard...no one here but me.

wink.gif

Scott

I'm assembling parts now. Turns out, if the boiler isn't fixed by what I have to try tonight, I can't get any other parts tomorrow anyway.

No company next weekend - we are doing the visiting. I'm not sure that is any better....

I might have to put a target out at 100 to get on paper. Too dark to even bore sight now.

I am out but not because of any weather, my rifle is off to get work and a new barrel. My son and I just got back from a day of bird hunting, the tempature was nice today mid 20's. For those going I hope the fun meter gets pegged.

Curt

Boiler is up and running! It will need more permanent fixing later, but for now it is usable.

Rifle is ready to go for tomorrow.

It was close on timing, but I'll be there!

Well, my hat's off to you guys. You're made of sterner stuff than I. Best fortune, and stay warm!

The forecast wind should be significant as a quartering headwind. With the steep downrange terrain, I would expect this to cause eddying and considerable vertical. Maybe you can keep an eye out with this regard and see if you can draw any conclusions involving cause and effect.

.308/175 should be 1.6" high at 100yd to be on zero at 200yd.

Greg